What's new

Music Recommendations

jack.bell

Mega Poster
k

i read kerrang and listen to that sort of music like

bullet for my valentine (new album sucks)

my chem (new album sucks aswel)

kill hannah rock!!

Mark

Strata Poster
Madonna's new album is now out, HARD CANDY

God bless iTunes and putting things on at midnight! It is bloody excellent. Favourite track at first listen HeartBeat!!!!

Seriously, if you thought Confessions was good, you are going to love this!

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
Re: k

coaster.freak said:
i read kerrang and listen to that sort of music like

bullet for my valentine (new album sucks)

my chem (new album sucks aswel)

kill hannah rock!!

Bullet - The new album is half and half. There are some f*cking explosive tracks on it ...Scream Aim Fire, Waking The Demon Eye Of The Storm, Waking The Demon, Hearts Burst Into Fire and Ashes Of The Innocent are all brilliant. The rest are lame but I still have faith in Bullet. The last two albums were awesome.

MCR- New album? If you are refering to The Black Parade that is nearly 2 years old and "sucks"? Are you f*cking kidding me. That is the only album they have done where Gerard was sober. His vocals are better than ever. The songs, riffs, solos and over all backing story are all amazing and so is the live show.

As for Kill Hannah rocking, I will agree with you.

Richie

Hyper Poster
51tz62kAufL._SS500_.jpg

Crystal Castles - Crystal Castles (2008)

Does_it_offend_you_yeah%3F_you_have_no_idea.jpg

Does It Offend You, Yeah? - You Have No Idea What You're Getting Yourself In For (2008)

Mia-kala.jpg

It's quite old, but still.

M.I.A. - Kala (2007)

HADOUKENALBUMCOVER.jpg

Hadouken! - Music For An Accelerated Culture (2008)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I LOVE the Arctic Monkeys. Alex Turner (Genius and 'I would' :p) has teamed up with some other bloke that I don't know to produce an album "The Age of the Understatement".

They call themselves "The Last Shadowpuppets", which is quite pretentious (wait til you see the video!).

The album is very rousing and theatrical, almost James Bondesque. Imagine the Arctic Monkeys sound with a orchestra and there you go. The album feels a bit flat in places but there's the odd moment of lyrical and muscial genius which only Turner can do.

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=XGV8xCkpXjE[/youtube]

marc

CF Legend
Love her or hate her the new Madonna CD is better than I expected it to be. There are some really good songs on there its like new Madonna meets old Madonna.

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
Ian said:
I LOVE the Arctic Monkeys. Alex Turner (Genius and 'I would' :p) has teamed up with some other bloke that I don't know to produce an album "The Age of the Understatement".

They call themselves "The Last Shadowpuppets", which is quite pretentious (wait til you see the video!).

The album is very rousing and theatrical, almost James Bondesque. Imagine the Arctic Monkeys sound with a orchestra and there you go. The album feels a bit flat in places but there's the odd moment of lyrical and muscial genius which only Turner can do.

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=XGV8xCkpXjE[/youtube]

Is that the song with the whole surfer beat going for it where they ripped of Knights Of Cydonia by Muse?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^ I don't follow Muse but from what I read on that Youtube link, yes.

Gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Mark said:

I'll have to disagree at the moment. A few of her albums tend to grow on me after a while, and I hope this one does, but it doesn't have anywhere near the WOW factor on the first listen that Confessions did.

At the moment, the only tracks I really like are 4 Minutes, She's Not Me, and Voices.

robbeal

Hyper Poster
Mark said:

No hope for me then :p

And yes, The Last Shadow Puppets track is the one that sounds like a northern version of Knights of Cydonia by Muse. I think I just prefer the LSP version though. As much as I love the overblown mentality that is Knights of Cydonia, it does get a little bit tiresome quite quickly. Having said that, i've listened to Age of the Understatement a lot less so far, so I could yet get sick of that too.

One I don't think i've recommended before is City & Colour.

City & Colour's a 'one man with an acoustic guitar' act probably better known to some as Dallas Green (city, and colour, get it :p ), the one who sings properly in Alexisonfire.

Having some knowledge of Alexisonfire's music could be a blessing, or not. The contrast between their stuff and City & Colour is staggering that it always surprises me that someone in a hardcore band an come up with something so beautiful. Then again, with no knowledge of the sort of music Green is usually associated with, you may be able to appreciate a lovely acoustic artist for what he actually plays, rather than for who he is.

Anyway, the music itself. Its all just the one man and his acoustic guitar, as I said earlier, playing lovely, sometimes haunting, often quite uplifting acoustic stuff. I'm crap at describing music, so just listen for yourselves if you're interested, which you should be. You never know, you might like it.

Coming Home (parental advisory, he says '****')
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btjhdHX8pMo[/youtube]

Hello, I'm In Delaware (not the real video, seeing as there isn't one...)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnLULIGekIA&feature=related[/youtube]

A

Anonymous

Antique keyboards, cloud gazing and rainbows that flow.

Listening to Husky Rescue is like sucking on a very sweet flower, or smoking bright red polka dot mushrooms from those vintage Eastern European folk stories. It’s all extremely disorientating and sickening. The haunting ambiguity doesn’t help much either.

But there’s something oddly innocent about their music. The vocals are icy, and the sounds are brassy. The contrast creates an altogether amazing sound.

Caravan:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sMSIDOmJos[/youtube]

Rainbow Flows

kimahri

CF Legend
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRE3QRrdOXU[/youtube]

Sliiiime by Tim Exile.

I like this song, no idea why but never mind.

peep

CF Legend
Today I got Pendulum's latest album, In silico.

Its a great album, a bit more rock like compared to Hold your color. There are some great tunes on there. The album, if anything, is a little on the short side but its still great and it'll be awesome to hear the tracks performed live on Sat.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Just listening to the self titled album by Santogold

santogold-cover.jpg

Really cool. Needs a few more listens i think as her voice can be too much if you ain't used to it. You'd love Creator if you love M.I.A (which I certainly do).

Debut single - L.E.S Artistes
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9JI0GXkARQ&feature=related[/youtube]

Cool song - You Will Find A Way
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLuFfNnbAdM&feature=related[/youtube]

robbeal

Hyper Poster
Rich! I came into this topic with the intention of posting something about Santogold!

Its pretty much the most impressive thing i've heard recently. Its a really brilliant combination of the hip-hop style of music that seems to be innately popular at the moment, and quite a punk/rock background. There's a definite edgy style to Santi White's music that you don't find in a great deal of R&B out there and it only goes to make this more appealing, and not just that but more catchy too. Its extremely listenable! If you've got an interest in R&B, listen straight away, if you've got an interest in music in general, give Santogold a listen, you never know, you may be surprised!

Zimni said:
Antique keyboards, cloud gazing and rainbows that flow.

Listening to Husky Rescue is like sucking on a very sweet flower, or smoking bright red polka dot mushrooms from those vintage Eastern European folk stories. It’s all extremely disorientating and sickening. The haunting ambiguity doesn’t help much either.

But there’s something oddly innocent about their music. The vocals are icy, and the sounds are brassy. The contrast creates an altogether amazing sound.

I wish I could describe music like Zimni, that paints a very good picture. Not only is that track cool, the review's cool too :p

nadroJ

CF Legend
Just got The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus' new album, it's like the first album I've actually paid for in a while and I can say it is money well spent, kind of hardcore pop punky style, not too mellow, not too heavy. But yh, really pleased with it.