What's new

Mushroom's probably crap coasters development thread

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
So since it is all the rage, thought I would do 1 myself, just started on a new creation.

cork-110213122536000.jpg

What happens in the tunnel? No one knooooows!

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Main layout, all was hand built except for the corkscrews which are NL standard, I am not very good making corkscrews just edited the entrance to it so the g's were not high. Used the smoothing tool to iron out a few bits (which is on the program)

182281_10150138632922780_728732779_8057599_1710474_n.jpg

Jer

Strata Poster
Not a fan of the 90* bank, I dont think it really needs to be that banked. The Loop looks a little circular as mentioned above, and the Zero G looks oddly shaped. However I like the layout and since it's one of your earlier coasters (as far as I know) it's not too bad.

girrocks123

Roller Poster
Yeah that 90* turn has to go. There will be excessive laterals. To maintain even a 89* bank with no laterals, you must have your verticals at exactly 572.95786 G's. It's impossible to make a 90* turn that doesn't have laterals. Asumming your verticals are around 2.9 G, you'll need 70* of bank.

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Jer: Been playing this for a good few years, if you want to see some really bad designs, I can send a few. I have looked at a lot of coasters and decided to give a proper go considering!

girrocks123: That turn that is closest on the screenshot is a few degrees off 90. The entry bank is 70. There is bugger all laterals on that turn, only when entering the corkscrew which I need to sort. Pulls about +3g on that whole turn, so it is pretty quick.

Still work needs to be done =]

metalhead7

Mega Poster
I like the layout alot!!! I think you should do something with the turn Jer was saying, even just raising it so it creates a more fluid turn, idk 90 degree banks on Arrow coasters don't look that great, especially that close to the ground