What's new

Movie Park Germany | Movie Park Studio Tour | Intamin Multi Dimension Coaster | 2021

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
They consider it a family friendly thrill ride. Not too fast or intense launches by choice compared to Taron for example nearby.
It does have inversions, though, which is what makes many first-timers chicken out. As a kid, I was fine with coasters as long as they didn't go upside down. I'd probably not have been very afraid of Taron, but the inversions of Star Trek would probably have me refusing to go on it.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
The only way I could see the park getting an out-and-out thrill coaster is as a replacement for their SLC. That's the closest thing they have to one currently, so it would serve as a like-for-like replacement. Obviously with it receiving a retheme this year it's unlikely to go any time soon, but in the future it'd be great.

As for the theme for this, I don't expect a Nick IP. If they go for an IP, I could see it being something bigger, with wider appeal. And that won't cause an issue - the park have done fair work with 'one ride lands' such as Star Trek and Excalibur. Even the Paw Patrol rides, which is a Nick IP, has its own sub-land feel.

I'd love for the park to invest in a non-IP ride though. A slightly corny "you're at a movie studio and things go wrong" story would be perfect for the park, and also could fit this ride really well too.

Matt N

CF Legend
I'd love for the park to invest in a non-IP ride though. A slightly corny "you're at a movie studio and things go wrong" story would be perfect for the park, and also could fit this ride really well too.
I don’t know whether it means anything, but the park has made numerous references to “Hollywood backdrops” in their press releases, as well as how it has a “bespoke storyline that fits in with the park’s Hollywood theme”, so maybe your wish might be granted?

UP87

Mega Poster
Not too fast or intense launches by choice compared to Taron for example nearby.
The choice of not too fast or intense launches was already done with the selection of Mack as manufacturer.

Star Trek is definitely a thrill ride. The inversions offer quite a bit of hang time. If you ask me that's not the best for little timmys first inverting roller coaster.
But after all... it's family friendly for sure. The SLC is the only real thrill coaster at the park.

ynnckstrm

Roller Poster
These "records" and "first-of-a-kind" are really getting ridiculous. From the press release:
  • The first Double-Launch-Indoor-Coaster in Europe
  • Germanys first multi-directional roller-coaster
  • First indoor-roller-coaster that has a backwards launch and is in europe
We get it, the ride is super special.
There has to be a better way than to constantly make up arbitrary (world)(europe)(national)-records.

On a different note: Really excited for the new addition! I visited Movie Park a few months ago and while Star-Trek was nice, Area 51 and Excalibur really left me stunned! Hope they can carry that magic over to the new ride.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I'm not sure that a large woodie, SLC and an incredibly intimidating, stand-up, floorless, tilting drop tower match the idea of "family".

I'd say the park is pretty well-balanced between family and thrill.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Peter Immelmann

Mega Poster
In the German version of the press release it is „Germanys first multi dimensional coaster“,

Doesn't it sound extremely dumb for the GP who's not aware of the Intamin product they are referring to? I mean, that phrase basically claims that all previous coasters in Germany were (at most) one-dimensional. ?

Peet

Giga Poster
I think "multi-dimensional" is even worse; people who've ever played RCT2 will be expecting an X2 style ride. Even us enthusiats needed to look up what they were talking about on the Intamin website; I had no idea they had a model called that! So I agree with the overall consensus that Movie Park is really pushing it with these "firsts"!

Anyway, if this is half as well put together as Van Helsing's, it will be a brilliant addition to the park.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I LOVE VHF, it’s my favourite indoor coaster of all time, I even enjoyed Star Trek, it’s the best themed Mack Launch Coaster I’ve been on... Sure the ride itself is closer to Icon than Helix or even Blue Fire... But that doesn’t make it bad.

So yeh, this, and the direction of this park in general, has got me excited.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Sure the ride itself is closer to Icon than Helix or even Blue Fire...
Sorry not sorry, but Icon is a lot better than the pretty forceless Blue Fire, even though it cracks my top 10. Supposedly Icon is significantly better than STOE also. Helix looks gorgeous though. <3

Matt N

CF Legend
Sorry not sorry, but Icon is a lot better than the pretty forceless Blue Fire, even though it cracks my top 10. Supposedly Icon is significantly better than STOE also. Helix looks gorgeous though. <3
I think it’s all down to personal opinion, really; while one person might prefer Blue Fire, another might prefer Icon. Another might even prefer Blue Fire to Helix, or have Icon as their favourite Mack Mega. That’s the wonder of being in such a diverse community; there’s no right or wrong with regards to which coasters are “better” than one another or which one’s the “best”, merely a series of different opinions.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I think it’s all down to personal opinion, really; while one person might prefer Blue Fire, another might prefer Icon. Another might even prefer Blue Fire to Helix, or have Icon as their favourite Mack Mega. That’s the wonder of being in such a diverse community; there’s no right or wrong with regards to which coasters are “better” than one another or which one’s the “best”, merely a series of different opinions.
By no standard is icon better than Blue Fire, they’re both relatively forceless, and it is a close call but Blue Fire edges it in every department... Ironically mostly so in force and intensity ??

P.S don’t go on Helix with your expectations too high ;)

Matt N

CF Legend
By no standard is icon better than Blue Fire, they’re both relatively forceless, and it is a close call but Blue Fire edges it in every department... Ironically mostly so in force and intensity ??

P.S don’t go on Helix with your expectations too high ;)
As I said, it’s all about personal opinion, and what you personally like in a coaster. Or even how the coaster was running on your visit.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
As I said, it’s all about personal opinion, and what you personally like in a coaster. Or even how the coaster was running on your visit.
Has there been a ‘rank the mack multi launch coasters’ thread yet? If not you should make one ? definitely be more appropriate than having this discussion here :)

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Screenshot_20200925-175237_Instagram.jpg

Movie Park shared on Instagram that foundations work is underway.