What's new

Movie Park Ger|Star Trek Operation Enterprise|Mack Launched

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
18447594_1498867913491791_4278696714917442953_n.jpg
I don't watch Star Trek but these buildings look atrociously cheap. The one on the right the looks like a Disney world monorail train. Shame becasue I've liked evenrything else I've seen :(

Lofty

CF Legend
I'm here at the end of June, didn't think I'd have to worry about this opening, but this thread if throwing some doubt in my mind now...

I've never watched Star Trek before, but the theming does look pretty nice. Hopefully it 'feels' right in person.
The park's marketing said end of May to us. But I highly doubt it.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Those trains still look too big for the track.

CoasterB

Roller Poster
Im gunna ride it Monday, so il see how it holds up. But I agree the launches look forceless, and the layout is taken rather slow, Im comparing this to GoldRush as that is a similar concept with the triple launch thing and that coaster kicked ass so we shall see. At least my home park has a new coaster :)

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
I find the layout... odd, almost as if it spends too much time doing dull non-inverting immelman stuff instead of more exciting elements. Just a Youtube rider's opinion though, I'm sure it will be a decent addition to the park. Mack has set the standard higher in recent years however :p

funtimearena

Roller Poster
Watch here impressions of Star Trek Operation Enterprise - the new Mack Rides Coaster at Movie Park included all Pre-Shows & an Queue Line walkthrough.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yeah, I can't say I'm particularly wow-ed by this.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
I think like most Macks, it will ride much better than it looks. I don't think it will be anything amazing but it should be good fun.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Nah, I like the look of it.

The queue line is very Trekkie. I hope they maintain it well enough so it keeps the sterile, clinical spaceship look for years to come. It suggests a good narrative for a space mission. Until the doors open for the launch, that is. Up to that point, everything is great. Lovely theme, story and setting...then it becomes a rollercoaster. Bear with me.

I know that every ride should be judged on its own merits, but when I think of space themed rides, I think of simulators. A simulator can adequately put the rider in "space". A coaster struggles with this because it as soon as its outside in the daylight, it's no longer in deep "space". For me, that shatters the illusion and the story. Disney solved the problem by putting Mission Star Wars Hyperspace Big Thunder Mountain 2, or whatever its called this week, in a shed. As did others such as Eurosat at Europa and, errr, Mission 2 at Blackpool. Space themed creds should always be indoor creds.

So, I'm not happy with the way the way it's presented, but I am quite happy with the coaster itself. I think the ride looks rather good. Some nice bunny hills towards the end, a couple of well placed inversions and a launch (which does look a bit slow, I admit). Watching the POV, it does look slow but everything looks purposeful. I'm confident that I'll enjoy this coaster when I ride it in October.

CoasterB

Roller Poster
Hey all, So i got to Ride the coaster today. I must say after seeing videos of it running i was left feeling rather dissapoined. But it actually rode well baring in mind I sat at the very back. Is the ride intense? NO. But is it fun? YES! So il start of with the queue, So it was really hot today and the air con inside was a dream. The queue was cool, it had some nice props and models. You then enter into a room to be beamed up which then takes you onto the bridge where you meet a guy in a costume and you watch a video incoming from a member of Starfleet saying the crew is trapped on the Borg, You are then told to go get in a shuttle and go over and rescue them, so then you exit the bridge and you go board the coaster train.

The First launch is literally nothing, the next two launches are fun but theres no kick or intensity, But if your at the back you go quite far up the reverse spike. The pull out from the tophat was good i got a good pull and the next inversion was kinda slow but fun anyway with lots of hang time. The next part was good, a few couple whippy corners and a few great pops of airtime and the last barrel roll was fun but not 'Blue fired' and that takes you into the brake run. Overall its a real fun ride, comfy trains and a nice theme, and so re-ridable. I compare this coaster to GoldRush as they are both similar concepts and both opened recently. GoldRush being fast and intense with injector airtime and powerful launches and Star Trek being the watered down version with better theming.

Last edited: