What's new

most uncomfortable seating and restraints.

dropthefloor93

Hyper Poster
Just when you sit down on some of these rides the restraint hurts. you dont even have to move!

I found the restraints on Kingda Ka brutal on my legs.

but the old Superman Ride of Steel restraints (at Six Flags New England) were destructive on the ankles.

Many people find Top Spin restraints the worst... but i would have to say the Double Trouble (SFNE) were the WORST

It killed my legs, it killed my chest, and I have no clue if i will have the ability to produce offspring after that. it was just a horrible Chance inverter.

Rush

Giga Poster
I hate hate HATE Saw's restraints!

They're fine to start with but after the first drop the restraints tighten and put a huge amount of pressure on your thighs. It's a huge relief being released from them.

Still, they're not as bad as G-Force's, which compresses so much it's as if it's trying to displace your internal organs.

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
When I went to Drayton Manor in June this year I was expecting to find G-Force's restraints to be really uncomfortable and tighten up during the ride like alot of people have been saying but nope, they were soo comfy and didn't squash me or suffocate me at all during the ride so I don't know if they've modified them or something. :)

The restraints that are uncomfortable the most have got to be on Ripsaw/Rameses Revenge and Submission. They're really the only ones that spring to mind. :)

Gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
With G-Force I think it depends on where the restraint "sits" on your body. For me, that's right on, but slightly under my bottom ribs, and it's **** ing agony. Nothing comes close really.

dropthefloor93

Hyper Poster
Ouch that just hurts then. those are standard MS restraints?

and sorry for that damn doublepost my internet connection sent it twice...

jjjjustin

Hyper Poster
I really thought kingda ka's are the worst i got a bruise from them once. it was last year we bought the picture because my friend is screaming and I'm in pain, I also bash my head a lot on that coaster. thinking about it they should get what I305 got the sleeves that go over the regular intamin OTSR its like padding.I really found kingda ka's restraints worse than GASM

dropthefloor93

Hyper Poster
I dont really mind Arrow OTSR. the ones on Canyon Blaster did not lock down enough, and gave me a great feeling of airtime. However the seats were straight plastic when i rode it (2003)

I also found the restraints on GASM not too bad, but they look freaky. I assume DrachenFire was horrible for the OTSR though.

Snoo

The Legend
Desperado's seats. Why would you make banking with that hard of a seat? My back hurt all day.

Restraints? Too many to name.

dropthefloor93

Hyper Poster
^^ Snoo - arrow does that with everything. or im starting to get that sense. i really cant think of one of their rides with a comfortable seat. Magnums seats dont look too bad, but i mean Desperado, GASM, Canyon Blaster (A-Dome) ect. arrow was never great with that.

Snoo

The Legend
Magnum isn't bad by any means.. but it doesn't bank that much. In fact, I never found problems with most of their mine trains, some of which came out around the same time. It really makes no sense tbh.

dropthefloor93

Hyper Poster
Mine Trains usually are not too rough...
Magnum is just one BAMF mine train though, i cant think of a taller one.

i just cant stand how the front gets in the way of POVs.

Mike

Giga Poster
the restraints tighten and put a huge amount of pressure on your thighs. It's a huge relief being released from them.

Any restraints that do this.
So far, I've only found it to happen on Saw, Great Nor'Easter and a few flatrides, and it just totally destroys the ride experience.

G-Force's are also terrible in the way that they cut you in half, and I also despise any restraints which rest on my collar bones.

CMonster

Giga Poster
The seats and restraints on Pheonix, the inverting ship at BGT, are terrible.

The seats are just plastic benches with backs at 90 degree angles.

The OTSR restraints feel like they weigh over 50 pounds and sit on your chest super uncomfortably.

The lap bar presses hard against your thighs and tightens as it locks.

Overall, worst ever.

dropthefloor93

Hyper Poster
alot of swinging inverters suck

like the Space Shuttle at SFGA.

The Vekoma suspended ones dont suck though. like Time Warp formerly at SFNE, or Vertigo at La Ronde.

I also found Kamikaze and Typhoon didnt suck too bad.