What's new

Most Painful Rollercoasters & Flat rides

dropthefloor93

Hyper Poster
List your most painful rollercoasters and flat rides
wood and steel seperate.

Wood - Le Monstre (green track) - La Ronde
Steel - GASM - Great Adventure (it ties with any Vekoma SLC)
Flat Ride - Double Trouble (Defunct) - SFNE

Rory

Mega Poster
Goudurix at Parc Asterix caught me off guard at some points leaving me with an aching neck, as for flat rides, KMG Tango's are horribly uncomfortable.

Snoo

The Legend
^^Son of Beast isn't smooth by any means. In fact, I enjoy Beast.. and wish they'd burn down SoB.

But.. The Villain at the former Geauga Lake. If you think Mean Streak is bad.. you don't know real pain.

RCF

Strata Poster
Texas Giant was pretty bad as well. And Mean Streak WAS modeled after the Texas Giant. I've been on both and I thought the Giant was worse.

dropthefloor93

Hyper Poster
SnooSnoo said:
^^Son of Beast isn't smooth by any means. In fact, I enjoy Beast.. and wish they'd burn down SoB.

But.. The Villain at the former Geauga Lake. If you think Mean Streak is bad.. you don't know real pain.
I've chipped teeth riding boulderdash. so thats def up there. But Geauga lake is infamous for pain

Mike

Giga Poster
From what I've done:
Wood: Rebel Yell & Hurler (Both KD)
Steel: Vortex (CGA) & Revolution (SFMM)

I've chipped teeth riding boulderdash

I don't know how the hell you managed to do that, but Boulder Dash is still the best coaster I've been on by a mile.

dropthefloor93

Hyper Poster
Mike said:
From what I've done:
Wood: Rebel Yell & Hurler (Both KD)
Steel: Vortex (CGA) & Revolution (SFMM)

I've chipped teeth riding boulderdash

I don't know how the hell you managed to do that, but Boulder Dash is still the best coaster I've been on by a mile.
Boulderdash is about 15 minutes away from me, ive been on it about 100+ times but i was sitting in the back of the ride and i just kept getting slammed into my seat. i chipped a front tooth and a canine. it was a year before they re-tracked it. It was pretty fun, but i love Le Monstre in Montreal. Mabey i've just ridden BD too many times.

Vortex looks about as painful as GASM.

Rush

Giga Poster
Big Dipper at Blackpool was AWFUL when I rode it, I swear it dislodged several vertebrae.

G-Force at Drayton is pretty nasty, not because it's rough but because the restraint pretty much attempts to cut off the blood circulation to the lower part of the body. It's also really uncomfortable hanging upside down from your waist on it.

Ghostrider was pretty rough but I didn't think it was unbearable. Saw's also another ride you have to brace yourself for to avoid being beaten up.

God, I need to man up a bit. :lol:

dropthefloor93

Hyper Poster
Rush said:
Big Dipper at Blackpool was AWFUL when I rode it, I swear it dislodged several vertebrae.

G-Force at Drayton is pretty nasty, not because it's rough but because the restraint pretty much attempts to cut off the blood circulation to the lower part of the body. It's also really uncomfortable hanging upside down from your waist on it.

Ghostrider was pretty rough but I didn't think it was unbearable. Saw's also another ride you have to brace yourself for to avoid being beaten up.

God, I need to man up a bit. :lol:
Well Big Dipper derailed... No suprise there

Rush

Giga Poster
Is it really necessary to reply every time someone posts in this topic? More than half of the replies in the topic have been from yourself. :wink:

dropthefloor93

Hyper Poster
Rush said:
Is it really necessary to reply every time someone posts in this topic? More than half of the replies in the topic have been from yourself. :wink:
Nah, Im just incredibly bored waiting to get on a 14 hour flight to Gardaland :sleeping:

Snoo

The Legend
dropthefloor93 said:
SnooSnoo said:

I've chipped teeth riding boulderdash. so thats def up there. But Geauga lake is infamous for pain

No.. it isn't? The Villain was infamous.. the rest of the rides were on par with most parks..

dropthefloor93

Hyper Poster
SnooSnoo said:
dropthefloor93 said:
SnooSnoo said:

No.. it isn't? The Villain was infamous.. the rest of the rides were on par with most parks..
I've always heard people complain about Geauga.
they had an SLC, those are always horribly rough
they had Villan
They had a Vekoma boomerang which always kills my back
They had a classic Arrow Corker which are as painful as any vekoma ride gets
and the bobs was not the smoothest ride ever.

i think the old/sorta current SFMM coaster lineup was pretty rough too though
Colossus
Flashback
Ninja
Viper
X (im so glad they fixed that horrible thing)
Deja Vu
Psyclone
Revolution

whats your personal most painful park snoosnoo?