What's new

Most Painful Rollercoasters & Flat rides

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Without a doubt Bounty in Walibi Belgium.

It was a Swinging Looping Ship from Intamin that looked very spectacular when you were standing in front of it. But once you got in it...
First of all, because of local complaints, they placed a glass roof over the ship, so when you were riding it one a rare hot Belgian summerday, the whole thing smelled like sweat. But the restraints were pretty awefull too. First of all, their was this massive lapbar that was always so tight, it cut down blood in your legs. After that, there was this way to short OSTR that reached just underneath you chest.

The ride itself was way too long and the ship was hanging upside down for way too long. I always got of it with painfull legs and a sick feeling.

dropthefloor93

Hyper Poster
im rather shocked this thread is still alive

but id now say

Cyclone at SFNE if you sit in the back seat my spine still hurts from saturday

and Scream it gave me such a horrible headache because it was shaky i still feel it

Stuntmans freefall (defunct) was also pretty horrible.

dudecoasterman

Roller Poster
wood: The Georgia Cyclone
Steel: Back lot stunt coaster
Flat ride: SkyCoaster( Only the first time because I was in the middle of 2 really fat guys)

coaster_mad

Roller Poster
I'd have to say Rattlesnake at CWoA is pretty painful, especially those tight turns which are made worse if you sit next to a really fat person..... And the first brake run, because it's sudden and throws you forward - not good if you have boobs, let me tell you

Mike

Giga Poster
Voyage on it's old train was one of the worst pieces of **** I've ever been on. Maybe it was the heat playing up with the track, but I spent so much of the ride trying to chiropract my spine back into place, I must of the missed the part that makes it so many people's number ones!...
However, on Raven's train it currently has on, it's sooo much better, although still not top 5 woodie material for me!

Otherwise, what I said before. Pretty much everything at King's Dominion totally sucks (although I haven't ridden I305), as does Revolution at SFMM, Vortex at CGA and most SLCs/Boomerangs as well.

T0M

Hyper Poster
I don't find the Ultimate painful but it is the most aggressive, physically forceful roller coaster I've been on.

The Terror Rack and Obliterator, both at Pleasure Island are very uncomfortable flat rides.

I wouldn't class any ride as painful - I'm in good shape and am a man!

Markeyed

Roller Poster
Colossus at thorpe... I was seeing stars afterwards...but it was alot of fun :p maybe that added too it haha!

cp23

Mega Poster
Wood: Mouse @ PBB
Flat: probably Submission but I don't remember finding it *too* bad (haven't ridden it for years, though)
Steel: well, until recently I would have said El Condor at Walibi (Vekoma SLC, the first ever I believe), but then I went to Lightwater Valley...

I can't believe The Ultimate hasn't got more mentions! The second time I went on it and sat near the back my knees got such a pummelling I half expected to have to be hoisted out the train at the station and put straight into a wheelchair. It was absolutely mental. I'd still go on it again, though :wink: Heaven knows why.

And did I read it was most painful at the front? I found my knees got more of a battering when I sat near the back.

A

Anonymous

Magnum XL-200 on my first trip to Cedar Point, I puked up my guts right after I got off. =(

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
I took my friend on Saw the other night for the first time. He complained that it 'shook his head inside his skull' and refused to go on it again. I'm not sure it's that bad, but maybe if you're taller...

nealbie

CF Legend
Mysterious Sue said:
I took my friend on Saw the other night for the first time. He complained that it 'shook his head inside his skull' and refused to go on it again. I'm not sure it's that bad, but maybe if you're taller...

You've NO idea! :(

El Condor and Submission can have the honours from me though!

dropthefloor93

Hyper Poster
^ Submission's counterpart Double Trouble was god AWFUL! But i think any Top Spin or Inverting swinging ship ride is also painful, like the shuttle at SF Great Adventure.

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
Mysterious Sue said:
I've had it do that, once. Normally it's OK (a bit bumpy, a bit of headbashing, but that's Eurofighters for you). However I did have one ride, front left seat, late in the day, and bloody hell it was painful. It wasn't so much head bashing as just bouncing my brain around inside my skull.

Aside from that, The Ultimate is good for breaking kneecaps, Coney Island Cyclone is good at compacting spinal columns, and Hurler at Kings Dominion is great for just being a painful piece of crap.

Oh, and I once flew out of my seat on one of the american woodies and landed on the seat divider. That's not an experience I'd like to repeat any time soon.

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
Coaster: Rattlesnake at CWoA. The lap bar is NOT friends with your stomach, and therefor proceeds to punch it throughout the ride duration.

Flat: Slammer at Thorpe. Don't get me wrong, I love Slammer, but the seats and restraints kill my back and shoulders, no matter how loose I have the restraints. I usually have the restraints the loosest they will go, but my back still suffers from the hardness of the seat. I always end up with a bad back like an old man for about a week after.

I actually don't find Submission painful at all...

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
Enigma Shadow said:
Rattlesnake at CWoA.
Oh yes, Maurer wild mice are unpleasant. Yet I still end up riding them at lives for no apparent reason.

That reminds me - Blackpool's wild mouse is lethal, even if it's made of win. Or wood.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
MouseAT said:
However I did have one ride, front left seat, late in the day, and bloody hell it was painful. It wasn't so much head bashing as just bouncing my brain around inside my skull.

Actually, the worst ride I've had from Saw was the front left. Maybe that's the seat to avoid :(