What's new

Most painful brake runs?

Pierre

Strata Poster
SoMuchWin - would suggest not using that 'meme' again... contradictions.

Its always single car rides that are the worst. Wild Mice and Pinfaris. Thunder Mountain that used to be at Flamingo Land was AWFUL.

tks

Strata Poster
furie said:
Lisebergbanana if you're not ready for it. So strong you'll headbutt the seat in front...

This. And the warnings are in Swedish.

*BROMS!*

"what does broms mea. OWWWW"

"brakes..."

bmac

Giga Poster
marc said:
All schwarzkopf brake runs are painful as they just stop the train dead.

SooperDooperLooper was almost like hitting a wall, even with the new trains. I still love it, though.

Zaturn

Roller Poster
I think for me the most painful breaks were Rattlesnake at Chessington, I sat on my own and everytime it stopped it killed. Especially the brakes at the end.

SoMuchWin

Mega Poster
Pierre said:

Its always single car rides that are the worst. Wild Mice and Pinfaris. Thunder Mountain that used to be at Flamingo Land was AWFUL.
Pierre said:
Contridictions
I made a mistake, time to pull the trigger.

bmac

Giga Poster
I think the big contradiction is Zaturn with the postcount of zero when he just posted a few hours ago :lol:

BBH

Giga Poster
The Viper at SFGAm. It's a pretty smooth brake run until the end when the ride jerks and your head smashes against the headrest.

Pierre

Strata Poster
SoMuchWin said:
Pierre said:

Pierre said:
Contridictions
I made a mistake, time to pull the trigger.

I would just hate for you to look a fool elsewhere :) that would be SoMuchFail :(

bergochdalbana

Mega Poster
Lisebergbanan isn't as bad as it used to be when it was newer, now it's even comfortable :)

Drachenritt at Belantis on the other hand feels like going straight into a brick wall when you hit the brakes.
Also Togo - Ultra-twisters have a incredibly hard brake when you stop on the switch track for the backwards journey, especially seeing that you are just crawling forwards at that point.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
I don't know if it's still like this but Superman at Darien Lake halted to a dead stop. Not too painful but perhaps the most abrupt I've felt.

A lot have already been mentioned so I'll throw out Storm Runner.
You get thrown both forward and up into the restraints, and being OTSRs I could handle 3 rides before my shoulders and arms just couldn't take it.

wakey1512

Roller Poster
Velocity hurts due to being sat on a motorbike style seat and the location of certain bodily parts makes it very painful.

The classic mourn-a-son wildmouses hurt too, especially when they randomly slow you down before a sharp turn. The rides are grueling anyway but the brake runs just add to the torture.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
nadroJ said:
Rita always kills me, but the ones that come to mind more are wild mouse break runs, all of them are just totally brutal and unnecessary </3

Totally brutal. Exactly. What's not to like?

dominoes

Mega Poster
I find Stealth pretty uncomfortable. The way you are thrown up out of your seat, and then forward is pretty wierd.

Jer

Strata Poster
The final brakes on Bizzaro were pretty damn powerful, but am I the only one who found them rather painful, could have been the stapling but every time on the break run my stomach was being compressed into it's smallest form, it was not fun.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Jer said:
The final brakes on Bizzaro were pretty damn powerful, but am I the only one who found them rather painful, could have been the stapling but every time on the break run my stomach was being compressed into it's smallest form, it was not fun.

You also had no issue with Skyrushe's restraints. Clearly it's jut you :p

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Need I say more...

brake-run-o.gif

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Raptor has a nice quick rattle in its final brake run that could be categorized as a cause for shaken baby syndrome.