What's new

Most outlandish rumor you've heard?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The somewhat now regular rumour that Thorpe are buying an RMC or a Hyper...
I half agree... A hyper I'm not sold on. I just can't really see them going for something like that - not to mention their height restrictions might make something like that hard to pull off.

However, with RMC seeming to provide a more and more versatile catalog (we've yet to see a Raptor or T-Rex model, sure, but they're not too far away), I feel like it's not quite up there as the "most outlandish rumor I've ever heard" anymore.

mouse

Giga Poster
Thorpe's plans to join all their coasters together to make one big 'supercoaster'. Oh wait I actually just made that up.

Would be cool though.

Will

Strata Poster
Pretty much any rumour concerning Alton Towers and wood which circulated prior to 2016.
Not to mention the 'crates' which arrived in 2004 and turned out to be: nothing.

EDIT: To include persistent rumours that SW8 is an RMC. After two of their most recent coasters, I'd like to think Alton won't be adding anything else that ugly.

Last edited:

seamaur

Roller Poster
Until recently, I would have said RMC Mean Streak, but then it closed and RMC showed up. Nailed it!

mouse

Giga Poster
Pleasure Beach's plans to build Infusion in a big hole as a way to mock Alton Towers' height restrictions.