What's new

Most Memorable Ride Moment

CMonster

Giga Poster
On Manta for the first time, it was my first Flyer, and just staring straight down to the walkway on the lift with no netting or anything was pretty crazy. Plus some of my friends were sitting right under the lift and started waving and stuff. Pretty awesome. :)

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
A few of mine (chronological order):

1. Riding Shivering Timbers twice without getting off in the rain four years ago.
2. Skipping a full queue for Maverick and having a full train of CFers due to a free VIP pass.
3. Riding The Beast at night complete with fog.
4. Griffon's first drop in the front row for the first time.
5. First ride on El Toro.
6. Carowinds' flying scooters: to this day, I haven't laughed so much on a ride.
7. The geysers on Mountain Adventure at Dollywood.

AltonTowersFan

Mega Poster
I have a few, Corkscrew at AT at night (my first inversion)
In portaventura:
Going in Furius Baco at night
I was in the stand up version of Huracan condor, and just when I lowered the OTSR my phone rang, I got it and chated throw the whole ride, people just sohuting and me just talking XDDD, then the guy next to me asked to me in wich language I was speaking (english)

tdub96

Roller Poster
The first time on Milennium Force. Me and my mom, the only other thrill seeker in my family, were in the queue and were getting second thoughts about the ride. She was like "lets go back, I dont know about this." Then we saw a little girl, maybe 7, laughing her head off as her train pulled into the station. I said after seeing that, I cant go back, and so, scared outta my mind, I boarded, and had the ride of my life. Haha, and now I never have any anxiety over any coaster, I just ride.

stuartredman1

Roller Poster
My first ride on a 200+ foot ride (Superman ROS SFA)
MY first ride on El Toro for the epic airtime.
My first ride on KK

Kevin26

Roller Poster
Wild Thing - Wild Waves

So far it's Washington's only extreme coaster.

Too bad thugh, I would've liked to see Wild Waves expand and add new rides.

Artichoke

Mega Poster
Oh god. Just thinking about it makes me cry, lol

Anyways, this is not a Roller Coaster. But... Soarin Over California in Disneyland. Definitely the most amazing experience I've ever had. The part where they take you over the beach. You can literally smell the ocean. I've never been to the ocean, so... It was the best feeling in the world.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
For me it would probably be when me and my mum were on Velocity at FL and the train was pulling into the launch section. My mum saw someone she knew by the on-ride photo shop and waved to them when mid-wave the train launched and my mum went flying into the backrest. :lol:

dominoes

Mega Poster
I remember riding Colossus as my first looping coaster. I think I died, especially since I was 11.
Also, on the same day, I wrode X: no way out, and my friend convinced me to lift my hands. I did, and my seatbelt popped open...

Mr. X

Roller Poster
Going over the top of Top Thrill Dragster for the first time. It fit the description I had read somewhere a few years earlier, which was something along the lines of "you're up there just long enough to realize you're looking down at Millennium Force."

ava1enzue1a

Mega Poster
This had a particular, somewhat wonderfully emotional impact on me (words can't really describe the blissful-like mood/feeling it induced), but it was 4th of July, 2003 @ Cedar Point with my family. My little sister and I, along with temporary friends made in the long queue, are heading up Millennium Force's lift at night, a little while before the park's July 4th fireworks display. I'm having a deep sense of fulfillment in sharing with my sister the "sense of accomplishment" of actually getting to ride this huge coaster with a still notable reputation at the time. Around 2/3 of the way up the lift, we both look back to see the harbor far down behind us, giving us the idea of how high up we're traveling on this thing. We both look forward again and await the incredible 80-degree, 300-foot drop...

fishman100

Mega Poster
I'd have to say riding Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (DL) was the most memorable for me.

I got the front row seat to myself :) and the amazing scenery mixed with the relaxing coaster was perfect. It wasn't too slow, but i'd say it made me kinda drowsy :)

jjjjustin

Hyper Poster
Going down the drop on splash mountain, while my 6 year old cousin laughs diabolically and her brother that is 7 was bursting out into tears.

Colossus

Giga Poster
On Saw on Fright night, with the missus,going up lift hill on the front row looking straight up at a clear starry sky. Almost kind of romantic in a way lol

Venom2053

Hyper Poster
The launch on Rockin n Roll roller coaster at WDW Orlando. When Steven Tyler screamed the countdown and the launch came as a huge surprise into the dark tunnel with tons of flashing lights into the first inversion with "sweet emotion" blaring through the surround sound system.

It gave me goosebumps. No matter how many times i rode it i never got the same feeling again :( nothing like the first time (N)