What's new

Most intense ride you've ever been on

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Maverick or Magnum.

Maverick because thoughs corners are so dam sharp they rape your skull and all the elements rushing at you.

Maggy has that rediculously forceful air on the last hills makes it intense.

TTD and WT are rather sharp on the heartline too. Whipping you around.

Nemesis after Maggy. For the visual intensity. Everything moves soo quick. I wouldn't say it was THAT forceful. More the length it is substained that makes the difference. Just feels the same as an Enterprize wheel on that helix.

sean

Mega Poster
Most intense coaster would have to be the Ultimate, it's brutally brilliant though.

Most intense ride I have ever been on was '2Extreme' at Hull fair last year...Eye poppingly intense...Literally!! :--D

A

Anonymous

Ultimate is incredibally rough in some places, almost as though the layout was never thought out properly.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
Intense is kind of a wierd word here.

Most forceful? From my experience, probably the back row rides in Alpengeist, Batman, or Dominator. Also Superman Ultimate Flight just for the pretzel loop alone, which is insane in the back (the rest of the ride is cake though).

Most exhilarating? Gotta be TTD or MF for the sheer speed & height.

Overall, I guess I'd give the nod to TTD because it packs a lot of punch into a very short ride. It's like getting injected with a shot of adrenaline!

The Deadman

Mega Poster
most intense coaster = Hurler at Kings Dominion...that threw you all over the place

most intense ride overall = Dinosaur at Animal Kingdom

RumbleBee

Roller Poster
Not the fastest, but certainly the most intense ride I've being on is the Furius Baco at Porta Ventura.

I was expecting a tamed down version of the top thrill dragster, but the thing blew my head off.

Ashstrodamus

Mega Poster
The Drop Zone at Kings Dominion really screwed me up. The drop I didn't mind but the climb made me think I was having a heart attack on the way up. If the restraints would've opened, I believe I woulda jumped out.

A

Anonymous

For me, it's Stealth, although hopefully this will be replaced by Furious Baco in a couple of months.

The Deadman said:
most intense ride overall = Dinosaur at Animal Kingdom
Glad someone mentioned that, what an immense ride that is.

Ashstrodamus

Mega Poster
I'll never forget the g-forces Mindbender at SFOG put on my body the first time I rode it. The banked turns would just mash you into the ground. I'm not sure if they ever replaced or changed the restraints, but I was kinda shocked that a looper had tiny lap-bars to hold you in.

RCF

Strata Poster
^Those are the exact same restraints that Shockwave at SFOT has (the two coasters are both Schwarzkopf so it's not weird) but I think it gives a better ride.

Ashstrodamus

Mega Poster
RollerCoasterFanatic said:
^Those are the exact same restraints that Shockwave at SFOT has (the two coasters are both Schwarzkopf so it's not weird) but I think it gives a better ride.
Thanks. I haven't been to SFOT in probably over 25 years, but I do remember my brother riding Shockwave, but I was too scared as a chap to ride it. Weren't you TexasGiantMan on KDFansite?

RCF

Strata Poster
^Yeah I am still. I wasn't driven off. I was gonna ride Shockwave a couple of days ago when I went but it was closed. :(

Jake

Strata Poster
A few rides that have really tested my body are X2, Ultimate and the one reverse bungee ball thing I have ridden. Good stuff.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
^I agree with Jake about X2 as far as coasters are concerned.
Apart from the Stratosphere Tower rides I'd have to sat it's Götterflug at Belantis, but it can also be the most leisurely ride if you want it to be. If you go for it & try to get the most rotations possible, like loefet, his brother & I have done, then it's immense!
Another great one is Vertigo at Tivoli Gardens, probably the most intense ride during last year's Euro Live (other than the SCAD tower).
Then there's all those crazy German fair rides, with Devil Rock & Transformer being the two most extreme.