What's new

Most Iconic Tv/Movie Character Ever

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
How strict are you being?

Super heroes like Batman or Superman (or Spiderman) are iconic, but their roots are in comics, not TV/Film.

For film roots, I'll bet very few wouldn't recognise Mickey Mouse as an icon of "**** annoying", and for "in the flesh", probably Indiana Jones as the iconic adventurer - most people get the character simply from the whip and hat, even if they've never seen the film.

I'll bet Darth Vader too I'll bet is pretty recognisable to nearly every living person on the planet as an icon of evil, or corrupted goodness.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Maybe you should change the topic title to.....favourite iconic tv/movie character? It's hard to say who is the MOST iconic, especially since a LOT of movie characters were first characters in books and things.

Ignoring that, I'd maybe say someone like Danny Zuko from Grease.

marc

CF Legend
Stupid auto correct lol.

He is the most watched cartoon and the biggest selling toy out of the Disney range. I cannot stand that franchise but its huge.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I don't know about Dr. Who. He's not really known in the USA (for example) other than by Dr. Who fans & there have been too many different actors portraying him over the years.
As far as TV I would say the Columbo & Kojak would join Mr. T as iconic characters, but maybe that's just among the older generations. :wink:

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Re: RE: Most Iconic Tv/Movie Character Ever

Fonzie, South Park kids, Woody and Buzz, are the ones that first come to mind.
Sent from my throne

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Oh, I was hoping this would be one of those topics where people competitively try to name the most obscure characters to appear well informed and cultured.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Mickey Mouse comes to mind

And any Major Star Wars Character, Yoda, Darth Vader, Chewbacca Han and Leia

As for TV, South park boys, Simpsons, and Pikachu.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
So basically it's only Star Wars or cartoon/comic characters that are iconic? Shall we name them all then? :roll:
How about Harry Potter or Buffy or Jack Sparrow or Edward Scissorhands or Austin Powers or Forrest Gump or Freddy Kruger or Jeff “The Dude” Lebowski or Spock & Captain Kirk - just to name some iconic characters that are not from cartoons/comics.

kimahri

CF Legend
I would ask if you lived in a cave but David Attenborough has already been there.

What kinda of Pre amoebic creature are you?

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
The kind that David Attenborough would stay the **** away from. :lol:

madhjsp

Giga Poster
Lots of characters from cartoons and other children-oriented shows have to be up there. Even if you don't know the name of everyone in these pictures, you can probably at least recognize what show they are from.

the-flintstones-characters.jpg

how-scooby-doo-works-3.jpg

Looney-tunes-characters-the-free-542314.jpg

Jetsons.jpg

Muppet_season_1.jpg

sesame_street_characters.jpeg