What's new

Most Harshly Scrutinized Coaster?

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I'd also like to add The Boss at SFStL. I found it to be very enjoyable. Yes, it can do with some retracking and new trains, and yes, it'd make a fantastic RMC, but I think it's good as is with a little TLC. Granted I was the first rider of the day in the front row, so that probably helped the ride.

Also, the 2 B&M stand ups I've been on(Mantis in stand up form and Apocalypse) weren't rough at all. The only bothersome thing was the bloodrush to your legs. Other than that, very fun, intense rides.

Edward M

Strata Poster
Hyde said:
Edward M said:
Ninja @ SFOG is considered one of the worst roller coasters ever, but I really enjoyed it. It is one of the better non B&M loopers I've ridden.
You take that back right now.
Perhaps I worded that badly. I stand by my opinion that I enjoyed it, but I was speaking more that I prefer it to most Arrow era "traditional" loopers. Either way, I liked it.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Very fair, and I share that sentiment on how horrendously rough pre-1990s loopers can be. That was in part why I was so surprised by how smooth Viper at SFMM was, very much to the same token as surprise on the notion of Ninja being ok.