What's new

Most "electric" station environment(s)?

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
When I say this, I don't mean how the station looks. I mean which station(s) environment(s) gets you the most pumped and excited to ride? Whether it be the music playing, a pre launch or dispatch sequence (if applicable) or the enthusiasm of the ride ops, which station environments would you say are the most exciting and electric? Or as people my age would say, which are the most "lit" or "hype?" Personally, I always find Batman the Ride (invert) stations to be hype. They seem to play techno music more than Batman theme music and the ride ops always seem to be enthusiastic. Also, Millennium Force's station is unreal. Combine the lightning with the awesome theme song and great ride ops and you have a very fun environment. Top Thrill Dragster also has an awesome station environment. Rock and Roller Coaster is also great because you have Aerosmith music playing and that pre launch sequence and countdown is awesome. Coasters that launch straight out of the station where the ride ops can mess with the riders and trick them about when they're going to launch are also very enjoyable and entertaining.

Last edited:

Benenen

Hyper Poster
Helix is very electric due to that soundtrack and how quickly the trains leave, there's always movement. And the automatic shutters on the bag holds are so cool.

Nemesis Inferno deserves a mention too because of the lights and music when a train is dispatched, it feels like a real spectacle and the way the base resonates through your body adds so much atmosphere.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Definitely Black Mamba. It's so dark and ominous in there and so crazily well themed. All those sticky out bits of wood and the music's pounding. So fab.

Actually, Nemesis Inferno has a really good station atmosphere too. Think most if it's just down to the good music. I think it's great when a bit of the queue can wait in the station for a while and build up the hype. Chessie's vampire does it too with the huge high ceilings, animatronic and fab power-gothic soundtrack.

What else....Joris as you're waiting you get to experience the winners or loosers of the last ride with everyone cheering or booing and the flags coming down. Everyone really gets into it.

The atmosphere in Tron was really good. You don't enter the actual loading area until you are batched through but the rest of the queue is fantastic. The music is SO, SO good and ominous and the effect of the lights in the darkened queue work so well. Says something that I wasn't bored of it after a two and a half hour wait.

As has been said, Helix is good, especially at night.

New Texas Giant is funny. It has great audience interaction with the chicken coup noises that come on when someone chickens out. Such a brilliant idea.

Express: Platform Thirteen. After the horror walkthrough you are waiting on the dark train platform with the clocks showing 13 and then there's the amazing lighting affect past the doors as the train launches.

I'm sure there's loads more. Good topic.

Edit: Just realised I've been naive here. Not a coaster but obviously the best station atmosphere hands down is Mystery Castle. After the build up of the spooky queueline and the wait in the dark castle basement with flickering lights and mad science getup, the ride ops in lab coats literally shout at you (in German) and agressively shove you into a seat. Most terrifying station ever <3

Last edited:

ThomVD

Giga Poster
Nothing gets me pumped up more for a ride than the entire queue-line of Helix, including the station. The soundtrack and lighting are just perfect.

I also second Joris. The atmosphere in the station is so lively and magical. Adore it.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I know the rest of the ride gets mixed reviews, but Kanonen's station is rather good. Well-known music playing, joking ride ops, launch right out of the station, accompanied by a big boom.

Balder is also... what's the word, fun? The queue line goes right through the coaster's structure, so people are getting more and more hyped to ride as they approach the station. The ride is awesome, so everyone who disembarks are in a good mood. The ride ops seem to like their job, and they've usually got great music playing too (last time I was there, they apparently had a John Williams day). The entire queue line is covered too, so even on a rainy day people stay dry and hold their spirits high (and the ones disembarking are too euphoric to be miserable). Overall a ride with a really pleasant station.

I don't know why Helix doesn't spring to mind as much for me as it does for the rest of you guys. I guess it's because the queue is so "detached" from the coaster. You go through a pretty, but a little bland concrete building on your way up, so you aren't as hyped for the ride when you finally reach the station. The station is usually quite crowded, too, and it doesn't give as much of a taste of the ride since you don't see more than one corkscrew from there. Helix is a fantastic ride with a good overall experience, and the queue is miles better than most other coasters, but for some reason its station doesn't quite reach the top of my list.

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
I love a coaster with an atmospheric station.

Paris' Rock 'n' Roller Coaster takes the cake for me. The darkness, weird noises and suspenseful launch sequence create a really ominous vibe that used to make me really nervous as a kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nadroJ

CF Legend
Both Rock n Rollercoaster stations are fab, the way you can watch the trains hurtle off into the darkness is fantastic.

The Mr Freeze stations also have an element of that as well actually! And the funky loading mechanism is fab too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
Oh yeah, almost forgot about Mr. Freeze. It's fun to watch those platforms and the repeating hiss noise right nefore launch is cool. Plus the ride ops like to mess with the riders most of the time.

Lofty

CF Legend
Helix & Black Mamba as mentioned.

I'm also gonna give a mention to Dwervelwind at Toverland. It's not energetic or lively but the music and lighting are just incredibly magical.

Ketchup

Mega Poster
Top Thrill Dragster came to mind immediately. Everyone loves a bit of Republica (except the ride ops!).

Oblivion back in the day before it became really tatty was another one with the cool drum and bass music combined with the queueline videos reminding you about your upcoming death.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Bit of an unorthodox choice but the flying dutchman at Efteling comes to mind. The way you walk above the station through the streets and see the station (themed to a Victorian dock) below through the dirty glass windows.

zazobo

Hyper Poster
Oblivion back in the day before it became really tatty was another one with the cool drum and bass music combined with the queueline videos reminding you about your upcoming death.[/QUOTE said:
Yep- Blivvy has a great station. Tis a shame it's been left to get quite so ****e. It was so epic when it opened.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
Helix - For the fab soundtrack that always gets me pumped!

Mako - Really well themed station, with the under the sea effects that creates a great environment.

Vampire - I really like the organ soundtrack and every time I hear it, I get excited to ride.

Express: Platform 13 - Incredible queue line that creates the ultimate anti climax.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Millennium and TTD are both great hits.
X2's massive hanger also really drives the scale of that ride home.
Also a big fan of many dual-loading stations, like Tatsu, Storm Runner, or California Screamin'. There's always so much activity to get queuers excited.

IG9887

Roller Poster
Back when I went to Hershey either in 2014 or 15 the ride ops on Skyrush got really into it everytime I rode it and got everybody hyped for it. The only other one that comes to mind is Rock 'n Roller @ Hollywood Studios, but its been years since then. If only some park out their could get the rights to play some AC/DC on a coaster...