What's new

Most boring spectator sport

Most boring spectator sport?

• Cricket (nuf said)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Baseball (rounders played by men rather than girl guides)

• American football (boring version of rugby where in an hour you probably see them play for 5 minutes

• Basketball (looks great in highlights - dull as hell to watch all the way thru)

• "Soccer" (homer simpson said it's boring - and is played by a load of overpaid nancy boys)

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Other (state below)

• Total voters
LiveForTheLaunch said:
Skiing, or any other winter sport, can't stand them. I remember thats all Eurosport would show and they would bore the hell out of me.

Are you kidding?! I love watching skiing! It's an awesome thing to do, and to watch on television.

Ah yeah, I guess its great to do skiing, but when you are in a country that never really gets snow or has skiing its hard to get into it. The only thing we have here is a fake ski slope. I would love to have a go at the real stuff some day.

Pierre said:
American Football.

Time-Out.
Time-Out.
Time-Out.

We get the point.

Meh.. same can be said for crap soccer.

Back
Forth
Back
Forth

Can we get some scoring?

I'll say golf as well. You play, Taylor? Didn't see that coming.

Yeah, I do, haha. Not saying I'm very good at it, but I'm okay. I got lessons when I was like, four or five, and now it's just my dad that teaches me (he's really good at it). I think half the problem with me playing is that I could be pretty good, but I don't have enough strength to hit the ball over two hundred yards.

People say golf is a sport for old people, but clearly they don't know how much patience the sport takes, if you're taking it seriously. It's extremely frustrating sometimes, I find.

Back
Forth
Back
Forth

Haha, for our soccer team it was like:

Other team
Other team
Other team
Other team
Other team
Other team
Us
Other team

Yeah, we were pretty crap. I think out of over twelve games, we won three or four.

Only seen very little Cricket, but that was really boring, next up is American football, just too many breaks, and then out of those Baseball, which is al right and I respect it as a sport, but it's just too slow, too many breaks, for me to like to watch.

SnooSnoo said:
Pierre said:
American Football.

Time-Out.
Time-Out.
Time-Out.

We get the point.

Back
Forth
Back
Forth

Can we get some scoring?

Yeah but least they play for 45 minutes straight ;). Not a puffy 2 minutes at a time met with a commercial break.
The Superbowl was one of the lamest sports finals i've ever watched, I understood the game and then hated it.
Alcohol just made it more interesting.

^45 minutes strait of pure kicking back and forth? Hurray! Reminds me of Nascar right there.. lol

As I said before.. try watching a high school or college game. The breaks are few and far between.. and isn't all about the money. ;)

I also hate the NFL like most of you.. but if you generalize all of football to that **** NFL on TV, you are missing out on the real sport.

And.. btw.. just because the TV goes on commercial break, doesn't mean the teams stop playing.. just FYI.

I'm going to go with either Snooker or Golf.
If it was technically a sport, I would have said Fishing though.

To defend Cricket- For all you people that voted for it, try and watch some Twenty20 Cricket... It was invented exactly for people like you! :wink:

Would probably be cricket or NASCAR.

Cricket is just generally dull because it's so slow to progress through the game. Playing it is fun and it's one of the better games, but watching is *yawn*.

NASCAR is dull because american motor racing drivers don't like interesting circuits. What is so exciting about 20 odd drivers racing round an oval? It just gets repetitive. F1 on the other hand is quite fun to watch because there is a variety.

If it ever does go back then forth, back then forth, then you've got a good game on your hands, its end-to-end football. No stops.

Chess :--D

As for "spectator sport", I would say 10 000 m running; a dozen people running for half an hour in a large oval. Not to mention that there often are close to a hundred people competing, resulting in same boring stuff for three hours.

As for winter sports, Norwegian television often shows thirteen hours of it every day during weekends. More during world cups. Funnily enough, I've never get bored of it. Mostly because I never pay attention.
I daresay we are the best winter sport nation out there :)

^I think most of time it's to do with what you have played and have exprience in. I love playing and wathcing Rugby and hate cricket., but my friend who has played cricket all his life says that Rugby sucks and cricket rules.

^There is a fanboy in everyone.

Think I never could have seen an American Football match, let alone basket (well, I did once, but I brought two Donald Duck pocket books and my gameboy). Football is huge in Norway, but the Norwegian teams sucks, so I have never watched an entire match in my life. If we had been amongst the world-class, I think I would have watched more.