What's new

More Cheese Trip Reports.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Not a bad video, Mouse. Needs more fleece though.

I'm impressed how steady you hold the camera. It's like some of those shots are on a tripod!

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
There's quite a lot that helps with getting smooth footage with just a human bi-pod to support the camera.

The lens is just a 24-60mm equivalent, so there's not a lot of zoom, and therefore movements don't get amplified much. There's good optical image stabilisation built into the camera which I assume is helping quite a lot - I've been really surprised by how smoothly some of the POVs I've shot with the Lumix LX3 came out, despite being bounced around quite a lot by the ride.

I also tend to either rest my arms against me or on a static object like a fence where possible, and try not to move too much when filming either.

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
I just checked - it's not working on iOS for me either. I'll see if I can sort that out later. Not sure what's wrong there.

Edit: General consensus seems to be that this error exists because the copyright holders for Led Zeppelin's Immigrant Song are bastards. I'll see if I can get a reduced size version onto MyCF a bit later on.

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
Well, there's a video on MyCF at last, but MyCF requires Flash, so mobile users are still out in the cold with that one.

If you're on a mobile device, try http://www.youtube.com?nomobile=1 and then search for "mouseat more cheese". That worked for me on both iPhone and iPad, but it was a bit of a pain.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Oooh, Immigrant Song - that's a good choice for a Live video ;)

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
Dubaidave said:
Poop. Says need to upgrade flash. No flash on iPhone. Sucks!
Did you try following the link I provided to the desktop version of the YouTube site? You'll have to search for the video to find it, as the link only takes you to the home page, but the video seems to play OK on my iPhone that way. No "the video isn't available on this platform" error, no flash required.

Yes it's a pain in the ass, but that's the music industry for you.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
MouseAT said:
Video is finally up, featuring many rides and antics but very few fleeces or fountains.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3OBDftv9LQ[/youtube]

Best viewed on YouTube in 720p.

If you're on a mobile device, visit http://www.youtube.com?nomobile=1 to get the desktop version of the YouTube home page, and then search for "mouseat more cheese". Led Zeppelin apparently don't want their music to be consumed on the move.

Finally got to watch it with sound :)

Such a difficult video to watch. The first ever "Live" video I did (proper type one) was done to Immigrant Song - hence my first comment about it.

As you know, you spend ages getting the timing right and fitting video to music and everything, so the song becomes a soundtrack to your video. Watching another then feels really surreal.

I also realised mine has been missing for years, since YouTube banned it for using that song - ho hum.

I've uploaded it so you can be shocked too Andy :)

http://www.coasterforce.com/my-cf/furie ... it-be-nice

Unlike yours though, mine is best watched on a standard Def CRT screen, is exceptionally shaky, badly shot and looks dreadful :lol:

It's still a great song for a CF-Live video though and you definitely did it justice, really captured the Live spirit at Blackpool :)

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
Immigrant song was a bit of a last minute pick if I'm honest. It popped into my head one evening, I realised I had a few clips that would work well with certain lyrics (Valhalla, "we come from the land of the ice and snow" with Avalanche, the screams) and then proceeded to cut together the video over the couple of hours that followed. Prior to that, I'd actually been thinking more along the lines of Ocean Colour Scene. Maybe I'll save them for another year.

Funnily enough, the Live was actually pretty chilled out. I think the video makes it look a bit more manic than it actually was, but it's quite hard to capture that in a video without making the video incredibly boring.

Your "wooden it be nice" video seems strangely familiar - I'm sure I've seen it before. Whilst some if the shots are a bit rough round the edges, I still think the overall video holds up reasonably well with a good mixture of ride footage and antics. I actually see quite a lot of similarities between the content of your video and the way I approach making mine.