8. Colossus- Thorpe Park
9. Knightmare- Camelot
10. Steeplechase- Blackpool

Notable entries
177. Jubilee Odysee
190. The Ultimate
220. Cobra (Paultons)
228. The Big One

The Ultimate didn't even come in the top 10 UK, what the hell. And Odyssey too. Just goes to show who votes on there. Those two coasters are miles better than anything in that top 10.

Nice to see Kawasemi/Piraten in the top 10 steels as there are a fantastic coaster and really deserve their high rating.

Regarding the wooden list how is Balder still showing up in the top 10, its not really a great coaster. Everyone has hyped it up too much and I think that effects its rating.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Would love to see the results, but the damn site has been down all morning.

A

Anonymous

UC said:
And though RF is good, it's good to know that it's not really what all the TPR trippers were making it out to be.

RFII is still incredibly high IMO. The TPR trippers rode it in a thunderstorm, so of course many loved it.

I personally thought it was "over-engineered" for a wooden coater. And also a little rough. The airtime was good, but not nearly as good as some, and quite sporadic. A perfect coaster in a thunderstorm, but not in any way in the top 10 in the world.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Mark said:
I do find it odd with some of the groupings though. for instance the Extended SC 2000/3000 coasters. I mean, I rank Dragons Fury quite highly, as apose to Spinball Whizzer and Whirlwind (yes this is a CLONED one, I understand that! but ironically it is almost the same as Crush Turlte Twist - which is in the poll!. They differ so very much in my ranking that it seems a bit bizarre to group them. It has also missed out Tarantula at Parque de Attractionnes in Spain.... That isn't a clone either...

I've been assissting Mitch with the polls the past three years now, and I can speak a little on why the groupings are getting crowded.

The program that Mitch uses to compile and tabulate the votes is limited by the number of rankable linesthat can be used.

We are up against that limit.

So, for every new coaster built, something has to go. We are trying to clump rides in groups that make sense, so that every (major) coaster can still be represented in some way.

We try to get all of the production models, but there's too many to list, as all those instructions and whatnot are becoming incredibly cumbersome to view.

So, while the Extended SC 2000/3000 coasters may have differences between them, we know this. You should rank that line as if it were your favorite of the type, whether it is Dragons, Tarantula or one of the clones.

As for Crush, Mitch likes to separate the more highly themed rides from the rest, to see how theming affects people's opinion of a known coaster type.

Just be sure that come next year, more rides will seem to have vanished, but will instead have been relegated to their group types. My next candidate for that is the Intamin Impulse Coasters. Some of the coasters that have never seen any votes at all (read as South American coasters) will be disappearing from the ballot as well.

(Now to finish reading the rest of the thread.)
:wink:

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
southend_marc said:
I have to be honest I do not really like the way this poll has been done.

Scorpion at BGE is in my top 10 coasters yet its not on the list!

Scorpion at BGE is a Schwarzkopf Silver Arrow. It is contained in the set of Fav Looping Star / Silver Arrow AnyPark,AnyWhere

See my previous post for the why.
Sorry! :(

Mike

Giga Poster
I'm surprised that nobody has said this yet, but don't forget that this is only an online opinion poll, and thus the results don't really have to go along with your opinions.

Snoo

The Legend
RFII is still incredibly high IMO. The TPR trippers rode it in a thunderstorm, so of course many loved it.

I believe the contrary. I thought it was a fantastic ride, a real shocker. Had it been longer, it could and should be better then Voyage IMO. I did have the chance to ride it on many different occasions, from day to night, rain to shine.. and still loved every ride.

And **** TPR.. :p

A

Anonymous

Bestrollercoasterpoll.com said:
392 Cobra (SBNO) Tivoli Friheden DK 3 43 0 43 0 0.0000
Too bad that there wasn't enough riders, I would have loved to see this coaster last.
Since it's ****ED!!

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I agree with everything Snoo said above (except the Voyage part, since I haven't ridden that baby yet). I'm not sure who has ridden RFII more than the two of us (or which one of us, or for that matter), but it kicks ass all the time & every time (after dark just happens to be better). I think it should be rated slightly higher, as I like it more than Phoenix. I also like it better than Boulder Dash, but then I'm more of a speed freak.
SnooSnoo said:
And
icon_censored.gif
TPR.. :p

Ben

CF Legend
When I rode it, Ravine Flyer II was my number one before ERT rolled around.

Boulder Dash was then my number one, beating it, even before ERT rolled around again.

Just sayin'.

Stone Cold

Mega Poster
Silver Star low? Probably the CF effect, there were a lot of disappointed people on the Germany trip :p

LiveForTheLaunch said:
Behemoth at number seven and Maverick nowhere to be found? And where is Millennium? Not that I think it deserves to be in the top ten, but still, with it being so widely regarded it's just totally gone now, with Eagle Fortress in second?

It's 12th, so, given that you don't think it's deserving of a top ten spot, it's right about where it should be then? Furthermore, Maverick is 15th, which is no surprise considering the ride isn't that amazing. It just does several different tricks and manages them all well, but as the saying goes: jack of all trades, master of none.

Also, to give a balance to the TPR skew people's view of rides arguments, it's unlikely that they'll make rubbish rides score brilliantly and vice versa. The Ultimate, which many people love because of it's naffness (myself included) still can't manage to make it outperform it's naffness on the chart. Similarly, if Eagle's Fortress wasn't damn good, it wouldn't be at #2. regardless of TPR's views. It's #2 because it's deserving of a top ten spot.

Harvey

Hyper Poster
But when you have a fast american unt saying liker, OMG ITS PRO, U MUST LIKE IT!!!11111 Pople jump on the band wagon amnd go, YA RLY, I LUV ROB ALVEY Now I hasve notjing against him but lik, e has ruined edverything with the bull**** fanboy-ism,.

Snoo

The Legend
Love you too.. :p

UC said:
I'm not trying to bash TPR at all - as I said, their trips are fantastic when it comes to far away places that are otherwise difficult to get to - but I do think that the CONDITIONS they get to ride these coasters under should be taken into account when you consider the "fairness" of these polls.

This is also something I try to avoid whenever I venture on trips with even one other person. If someone else is having fun, more fun then you actually are, that can up your experience and make a ride better then it actually is.

For instance, when I rode coasters with UC, I tended to have much more fun because he is one of my best friends. He is also very strong about his opinions. The fact that our opinions tend to sway in the same direction I don't feel is a coincidence.. to a point. Of course, I have some individual feelings as does he, but to really FEEL a coaster, to know how good it is, riding it by yourself might be the purest way to experience a coaster.

I found this to be true when I went on a trip with myself and my dad in 2007. A majority of the parks, asides SFNE, I rode every single coaster alone. My father is a bit.. too large to get on the rides.. and he isn't really huge into coasters. I found myself experiencing rides without any influence or bias besides my own. I still feel that the opinions I made on that trip are some of the best I've ever made.. ESPECIALLY FOR KINGDA KA! :p

To put it short.. and basically extending what UC said.. other opinions can have a massive effect on your own.. even if you say they don't. When it comes down to it.. ONE person, not just a group of dozens of people, can influence you too.

Ben, did you ride RFII and BDash totally alone or with that group that you hung out with? Let me take a stab in the dark and say that they all enjoyed the rides as well?

Ben

CF Legend
SnooSnoo said:
Ben, did you ride RFII and BDash totally alone or with that group that you hung out with? Let me take a stab in the dark and say that they all enjoyed the rides as well?

I rode Dash with one other person, and **** remembers about RFII. And they liked them too because they're both kick ass amazing coasters.

But, then, I've not ridden a coaster without some enthusiast I like by my side for a good... three years? So, I'm not sure how that would make a whole load of difference in 'comparison'? I don't generally let who I'm riding with interfere. Example - this year I had the funniest time riding some UK crap because of who I was with... I still thought they sucked as coasters! It's generally easy to separate who you ride with and what you ride...