What's new

Mind the sick please!

Dave

CF Legend
Rachel posted this on Facebook so I thought i'd knick it, haha.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/newsb ... 992242.stm

A theme park has been forced to employ a vomit collector for the first time.

22-year-old Rhys Owens will be in charge of keeping the park's most extreme ride vomit-free.

The park says the easter holidays are some of the worst for vomit-related 'sick shutdowns', due to the high quantity of chocolate being eaten.

"I absolutely love rollercoasters and the perk of being able to ride them for free makes the sick collection worth it," said Owens.

Last year, 619 'sick shutdowns' took place at Thorpe Park, 40 of which were in the Easter holidays.

It's estimated customers left around 150 litres of sick at the park in 2008.

Bizzare but made a my day seem more fun.

Ollie

CF Legend
So next time a ride closes for 45 minutes because someone was sick we can blame him. :p

Beans

Hyper Poster
Leigh has just sent me the link I don't think I would want that job, clearing up after under 4's is bad ebough but as a chap next to me on Slammer said he felt ill because he had had 3 nights of binging on cider so choclate is not the only think that makes teenages sick!!

Deano

Mega Poster
This was featured on the Virgin Media homepage earlier. That job has to be one of the worst, althought he will get to be around the ride a lot of the time.

Lucy

Hyper Poster
As long as he cleans it up quicker then I'll be happy as sometimes it takes a long time to clear up someone's vomit!

While on the subject of people being sick on rides, I think if they let their lunch etc go down first, it might help the situation :)

Infernus

Hyper Poster
...So I don't have to clean up sick anymore???????

YES!!

Ahh, I had my fair share of those 'Sick Shutdowns'.. Ahh the joys of operating the two most sickening rides in the park..

Error

Strata Poster
Infernus said:
Ahh, I had my fair share of those 'Sick Shutdowns'.. Ahh the joys of operating the two most sickening rides in the park..

Did maXair for 4 hours and had 4 throw ups during that time. Oi, that was fun.

I want a person to do that at my park. Ugh, worst part of the job, next to unruly guests...