What's new

Millenium Force - Good or plain overrated?

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster
Personally, (and I know everyone will have a different opinion) I loved Millennium Force. The station music got me all pumped up and I rode in the back seat. The seats and lap bar are very comfortable. The cable lift hill is fast and the view of Lake Eerie is awesome. As for the ride: first drop was the best drop of my whole entire life. The ride has limited airtime, but its speed was insane! I was pulled through the ride at all times. The maintainence of a super-high speed throughout the whole ride was just incredible. I went 93 mph down the first drop and hit the breaks at 60 mph. Bizarro at SFNE but bigger, faster, and better.

D1993

Hyper Poster
One of the things I love about it so much, it it has elements of both Intamin and B&M sort of megas. Often, Intamin megas (such as bizarro) are simply crazy airtime and awesome helixes. Then coasters such as Diamondback are awesome airtime the whole way on a more gentle scale. MF is kinda a mix. The first drop and over-banked turn, I dont care what people say, are insane, especially in the back. The first overbanked turn is awesome. Then the rest of the ride is sort of more like a B&M. Its super fast, has graceful and fun airtime, just does not let up in speed and is dam fun to the very end of the ride.

Its not over-rated in my opinion. Perhaps not the best roller coaster in the world, but definetly a top 5.
Plus ..... its millennium force!

Error

Strata Poster
When I first rode MilF, I was 16. It was right at the beginning of being considered an enthusiast and I thought it was amazing. Now that I've gotten considerably more rides under my belt (84 is still better than 25), it just isn't the same experience as it was. Does it still look good? Yes. Fun? Yes. A excellent ride? No.

reddude333

Giga Poster
To me, MF had always been a lifetime goal (as sad as that may sound) because I don't have the opportunity to visit multiple theme parks on a regular basis due to my location and academic life. It always seemed like it would be the most amazing coaster experience. And you know what? I think it was. Sure it's always been hyped up and I think it deserves all the hype. No one hypes it and says it's forceful, they hype it and say it's tall and fast...and it is in a very scenic location. In fact, I'm glad I didn't come here to ask about it before I went on it because then it would have been put down as it is here. To me, it's pure speed is like an adrenaline shot that I just can't get enough of. So for all those MF haters out there, I could care less if it's "forceless" (which I don't believe is true), it is a great coaster that in only a few rides easily made it up to the top of my list. Worth any wait (I waited 2 hours the first time I rode it and loved it just the same). You'll love it too!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^I partially agree with you. MF is a good ride, but I feel it's only good because of the height and the first drop. The corners are great fun, and give you a great sense of speed, but as a whole ride the only good bit is the drop.

reddude333 said:
I could care less if it's "forceless" (which I don't believe is true)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om7O0MFkmpw[/youtube]

;)

reddude333

Giga Poster
Well screw me for being an American, because as we all know, that is the reason I made this mistake. Despite the fact that I probably have better grammar and syntax than 90% of the members on this site, this incident clearly shows that I am unintelligent. And for the record, I am not actually that offended by your post, I just wanted to make a point of my own.

Regardless, I believe MF is a brilliant ride, not necessarily because it blacks you out but because of it's sheer speed and height.