What's new

Milestones in Your Counts

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
Darren B said:
That's brilliant!

I'm 27 but I'm open to the idea of them adopting me?

:lol:

Well there not obsessive about theme parks like you or I, so having one coaster enthusiast as a son is probably enough :)

TilenB

Strata Poster
CookieCoasters said:
^ My parents love to travel a lot and luckily for me, it often coincides with theme parks I want to go to. So we tend to mix it up a bit between culture and theme parks and it does help that my parents also really enjoy going to them.

My family have always been going to theme parks, both on day trips and on holiday since I was very young, so it has become a fairly big part of our trips.

But still... My family also loves to travel (and visit theme parks), but it would be a borderline miracle if I could make my parents (okay, mostly mum) to more than one big park per trip (the only exception was our trip to England last year when we visited both AT and PBB).
But on the other hand, I shouldn't complain. Having 114 creds to my name at age of 17 isn't really too few either, especially considering that the nearest decent theme park from where we live is a good 4 hours of driving away.

BBH

Giga Poster
ThomVD said:
^ If you look at it from that angle, the layout is actually brilliant. If only they were smooth...
I agree, never ridden one but it's such a wasted opportunity. The layout has so much potential, if only Vekoma could figure out how to properly fabricate a piece of track.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
^ Maybe if they tried putting the crossties between the rails. Then it might actually be decent.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

ThomVD

Giga Poster
1. Bobbaan (Efteling)
5. Joris en de Draak - Vuur (Efteling)
10. Speed of Sound (Walibi Holland)
20. Black Mamba (Phantasialand)
25. Matterhorn Blitz (Europa Park)
30. Alpenexpress (Europa Park)
40. Kanonen (Liseberg)
50. Formule X (Drievliet)

jj23w

Hyper Poster
I have got my 25th today.

1. Mighty Mini Mega
5. Dragon Coaster
10. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril.
20. Scorpion Express
25. Wilde Maus XXL.

Darren B

Giga Poster
jj23w said:
I have got my 25th today.

1. Mighty Mini Mega
5. Dragon Coaster
10. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril.
20. Scorpion Express
25. Wilde Maus XXL.

Congrats! Have my banner;

239c7b28a89bfdbf453f20be8cacec09_zps07be8cf5.jpg

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Re: Re:

East Coast(er) General said:
1. Roller Coaster @ Kiddie Park of San Antonio
3. Swamp Fox @ Family Kingdom (1st wooden coaster)
10. Thunder Road @ Carowinds
25. Batman The Ride @ Six Flags Great Adventure
50. Maverick @ Cedar Point
100. Led Zeppelin - The Ride @ Hard Rock Park
200. Matterhorn Bobsleds @ Disneyland
300. Iron Wolf @ Six Flags Great America
400. Sky Rocket @ Kennywood
500. Sequoia Adventure @ Gardaland
600. Tornado @ Adventureland (Altoona, Iowa)
700. Monstre @ La Ronde
800. Balder @ Liseberg
900. Juvelen @ Djurs Sommerland
Bullet at Selva Magica was my 800th steel coaster.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, almost there. It's just getting harder as the years go by, especially without riding those damn kiddie coasters. Went all the way to Chile and only got two new credz. :p

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
^You definitely picked a crap one there bud. :lol:

Tomatron

Giga Poster
^At least Monster was over the way to ease the pain!

Hopefully I'll make my 200th woodie less crap that that, and there's a good chance I'll do that when I'm in America for 8 weeks this summer!

davidm

Strata Poster
Re:200 woodies.... scared me to realise that RCDB only lists 175 woodies in the world - how many have gone defunct in the last few years :(

(I'm on something around 117 of them, most still there but ~15 gone)

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I moved the replies to Lord Morton's post to a new topic in order to keep the discussion going without hijacking this one.
Tomatron said:
... my 200th woodie ... there's a good chance I'll do that when I'm in America for 8 weeks this summer!
Hate to break it to ya bud, but that ain't happ'nen. :p

Tomatron

Giga Poster
ECG said:
I moved the replies to Lord Morton's post to a new topic in order to keep the discussion going without hijacking this one.
Tomatron said:
... my 200th woodie ... there's a good chance I'll do that when I'm in America for 8 weeks this summer!
Hate to break it to ya bud, but that ain't happ'nen. :p

Honestly thought there were at least 170 in the US alone! I'm staggered by that.

I've done about 60 of them in the US, and after reviewing my count I could probably get another 70 this year. Looks like I"ll have to bump up the woodie count in Europe and elsewhere!

KoasterEv

Roller Poster
Growing up in Edmonton, there was no real exposure to any good coasters besides the Mindbender at West Edmonton Mall. So, that would have to be my 50 and 100. I've honestly ridden it over 1000 times so I'm sure that's gotta be it. :p