What's new

Milestones in Your Counts

bmac

Giga Poster
gavin said:
^It seems like they basically just keep up with RCDB and stay pretty much in tune with them, only they're sometimes more "generous" with their counting methods. For example, they'll have mobius coasters (like Grand National or Racer at Kennywood) as two credits when really they're just one track - I personally take one off my count for those - and they include those bayern curve things, which don't appear on RCDB at all, as "undefined" coasters. Personally, I count those as I see them as powered coasters. Hell, if a Go-Gator is a coaster then those things clearly are.

The maps are great as well; you can see the areas with the greatest concentrations of coasters, which is great for trip planning.

Well I just gave them a shot and it's amazing how much I've forgotten that I've ridden that just wasn't included (basically inaccurately displayed) on the coastercounter I linked to. I'm not complaining at all, it's going to save me a few trips in the long run. The big problem I had with Coastercounter was that it didn't list the parks as well as coaster-count, so of course I missed small parkers like "New York, New York" and a few in New Jersey that I haven't ridden since well before I became an enthusiast and actually kept track of my count. So my count technically isn't 132 like I thought and it's really 142 (151 if you count duelies and racers as two, which I don't but ride both sides anyways for the fun). I guess I could just scratch my idea of duelies = 1 coaster and just cheap shot my way to the 150 milestone and then have to recollect my memory and figure out what was my 50th and 100th (**** 125 for all I care).

So here's my newly revised milestone list with duelies counting separately:
1: Sky Princess - Dutch Wonderland (1997- Last ride: 1998)
50: Talon - Dorney Park (2001- Last Ride: 2011)
100: Magnum XL-200 - Cedar Point (2010 - Last Ride)
150: Flight of Fear - Kings Dominion (2012 - Last Ride)

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^It's not a cheap shot at all. The vast majority of us count racers and duelers as 2 since they're 2 separately functioning tracks (apart from the very few mobius coasters). It's all down to personal preference of course, but nobody here's going to judge you for that.

bmac

Giga Poster
I call it cheap because I planned for my 150th to come at some point next year, but adjusting for the duelies = 2, I ended up already at 150. I also unknowingly planned for the Coney Island Cyclone to he my 100th coaster last year but with my new standards I hit that milestone well more than a year ago.

I'll pose a question that has been on my mind a bit. If Coaster-Count counts a ride like say Racer @ Kennywood or Grand Nash as 2 separate rides even though it's one track, would you realistically only have half of the credit and have to ride the otherside to get it as an official +1?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^^Basically, most people would say "yes" to that. I don't know though. I think if I'd just ridden one side I'd count it as one anyway (I've done both, so it's irrelevant for me) since you're still riding a coaster from station to station and getting the full "experience" of the thing. I'd have no issue with people counting them as two either really, though I personally just count it as one.

It's all down to personal preference. The way I see it, if I have to seriously justify it to myself, let alone anyone else, and I'm trying too hard to make it a +1 in my own head, then I just don't count it.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
As a note concerning coaster counting websites:

coastercounter copies/pastes information from rcdb when they update. Duane confirmed this by making intentional typos and watching them pop up later. If they miss an update to rcdb, it doesn't show up on coastercounter.

coaster-count has explicit permission from Duane to utilize the data within rcdb directly. When Duane updates rcdb, coaster-count is fed the information automatically at the same time. When the guys over in Germany get new information, it is passed to rcdb. The two sites are cooperative.

IntaminToWin

Mega Poster
IntaminToWin said:
Thanks to bmac, I looked at my credits.

#1. Viper, Darien Lake

#50. Skyrush

Skyrush is a good one to have at 50...I like the way that worked out!

The way it works out is I'm an idiot. :roll:

I thought about more rides before going to bed at night.
The count is actually 60...and the fiftieth is either Magnum XL or TTD

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Got 200 this weekend. :D

1. Dragon - Legoland
25. Montu - Busch Gardens Africa
50. Rattlesnake - Chessington World of Adventures
100. Racer - Kings Island
200. Avatar Airbender - Nickelodeon Universe

KarlDale

Roller Poster
I always try to get big Roller Coasters on my milestone list so here goes

1. Sheikra @ Busch Gardens Tampa
50. Dragon Khan @ Port Aventura
100. Silver Star @ Europa Park
150. Nitro @ Six Flags Great Adventure
200. Millennium Force @ Cedar Point

nadroJ

CF Legend
My 400th is probably going to be something at Europa, unless I go out of my way to Southport or something after the Blackpool Live, in which case it'll end up being something turd.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
1 - Runaway Mine Train (Alton)
50 - Spook Express, Joyland
100 - Wild Mouse, Martin's Fantasy Island
150 - Possessed, Dorney Park
200 - The Swarm, Thorpe Park

My aim for next season? Hit 225. I doubt I'll do that though.

Jake

Strata Poster
So, 650 never happened this year </3.

Currently on 648 so I'll hit it rather early in the season. Might even be Alton's new cred If I find something to SQUEEZE in before then...

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Finally got round to doing this...

1 Flying Fish (?)
25 Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit
50 Wild Cat (Southport)
75 Joris en de Draak (fire)
100 Ben 10 - Ultimate Mission
125 Twin Spiral Dragon Coaster, Knightly's funfair
150 Incredible Hulk
200 Nitro
250 Anaconda
300 Big Grizzly Mountain Runaway Mine Cars

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Re:

CanobieFan said:
I did not start 'counting' coasters till I was well past 100.
200 was Hurricane at Adventureland (Farmingdale, New York)
250 was Wildfire at Silver Dollar City (Branson, Missouri)
300 was Thriller at Land Of Make Believe (Hope, New Jersey)
400 was Great Nor'Easter at Morey's Piers (Wildwood, New Jersey)
Ha, quoting myself from the 11th post in this topic...
I guess I could add these
500 was Fiesta Express at Cypress Gardens
600 was Xcelerator at Knott's Berry Farm
700 was California Screamin' at Disney California Adventure

Sitting at 712 right now. full list at Coaster-Count here - http://coaster-count.com/list12124.xhtml
Heh, my last post here was over four years ago, seems I missed a rather rude PM sent in 2009 as well. <3

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
CanobieFan said:
CanobieFan said:
I did not start 'counting' coasters till I was well past 100.
200 was Hurricane at Adventureland (Farmingdale, New York)
250 was Wildfire at Silver Dollar City (Branson, Missouri)
300 was Thriller at Land Of Make Believe (Hope, New Jersey)
400 was Great Nor'Easter at Morey's Piers (Wildwood, New Jersey)
Ha, quoting myself from the 11th post in this topic...
I guess I could add these
500 was Fiesta Express at Cypress Gardens
600 was Xcelerator at Knott's Berry Farm
700 was California Screamin' at Disney California Adventure

Sitting at 712 right now. full list at Coaster-Count here - http://coaster-count.com/list12124.xhtml
Heh, my last post here was over four years ago, seems I missed a rather rude PM sent in 2009 as well. <3
Woah! Thought I was seeing things for a second there! Finally decided to grace us with your presence again? :p

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster
1. Caterpillar Coaster at Biloxi Crawfish Festival (First Coaster at 3 years old)

25. Hasn't came yet, but will in 2014 and it it is either going to be Apollo's Chariot at BGW or I305 at KD. Possibly even Intimidator at Carowinds.