• The Voyage

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • The Beast

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

jay37415

Mega Poster
Hey!

I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this topic, but I wanted to throw this out there.

My 11 yo son is 9 Creds from getting his #50 and I am 9 creds from #100. Which would be a good milestone cred for us. All are about a 1/2 days drive for us.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I have moved this to the Polls section relating to coasters - think it probably lives here.

Voyage is brilliant, but it's exhausting to ride. The brake run is welcomed after you've been thrown around that track for so long.

Beast is very good, but compared to Voyage it's just not quite at the same level.

Fury is basically perfect. It's smooth, fast, has airtime, lots of positive forces and is all round a great coaster. It's my personal favourite of those three.

I'm assuming (maybe incorrectly so) that you haven't been to any of the parks before. In which case that might also be a factor.

Holiday World has a great selection of woodies and Thunderbird is the best Wing Coaster (plus they have the fab free soft drinks). Kings Island has two other great B&Ms (Diamondback and Banshee), plus a whole load of other creds for you to get. Carowinds also has another hyper (which is unfortunately not as good as it looks), a great invert and not really much else, except loads of creds. If I hadn't been to any of them before, I'd probably pick Kings Island as a park.

BigBad

Mega Poster
I'm with Hixee on this. Go to Kings Island and get Diamondback as your milestone creds. The other coasters there are far better than at Carowinds.

Fury is an amazing coaster and my favorite at the moment, but Diamondback has the best sustained air I've ever gotten (and was my #1 until I rode Fury).

Edward M

Strata Poster
I will bring a third vote for Kings Island. It has the best quality to quantity ratio. While the Beast is my least favorite of the three (it is still one of my favorites), Kings Island just has a ton to do, and you will be able to have a really fun, full day. However, if you can, you ought to consider doing Kentucky Kingdom and Holiday World while you are in the area. If you are pressed for time, they are both doable on the same day easily.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Each of those creds are good choices for milestones, so it's really the park that you need to decide on. Kings Island is probably the best of the three, but Holiday World can be done with Kentucky Kingdom. But honestly, do whatever you want. :)

BigBad

Mega Poster
I didn't think of this earlier. Holiday World doesn't have enough coasters to get you to your milestones, so if you go there, you'll have to hit another park to get within striking distance. If that other park is Carowinds or Kings Island, you'll have hit your milestone.

jay37415

Mega Poster
GuyWithAStick said:
Do KK first, then do HW. If you play your cards right, you can have Voyage or Thunderbird be the milestone.

That was my thinking if we do Holiday World. Actually, I have been to KI before (many moons ago) so I still would end up one cred short of 100. Either way, I'm gonna have to do two parks if I head that direction. But hey! I'd get an Iron Horse cred.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
You can't choose wrong between the 3, so I'll go with my top favorite.

Fury 325.

jay37415

Mega Poster
Hey guys! thanks for all the input. I'm gonna take the advice and go with Kings Island with a stop at Holiday World. I'll let my boy decide on Banshee or Diamond Back for the milestone cred. I'll post a picture.

On a side note: my 10/11 year old son racked up some pretty good creds this year. After this trip he will have Lightning Rod, Sky Rush, Kingda Ka, El Toro, Voyage, Thunderhawk, Banshee, Diamond Back and Goliath (SFoG) all in 2016.

jay37415

Mega Poster
Thanks for all the advice, I gave him the choice between Banshee or Diamondback ... he chose Diamondback.

IMG_7907_zpswalfzhnl.jpg
[/URL]