What's new

Midland Mayhem IV Trip Reports

nadroJ

CF Legend
Soo tirreedd....

It was fun fun times yes, literally aching from laughing so hard all bloody weekend.

Or am I?

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Thanks for a wonderful weekend everybody!!!
Thanks Furie for all the organising and hi to all the new members I met, James, James and Rebecca *waves*, hope you all had fun! and all the old members I met for the first time, Benin, Baz, Kyle, Chris and Harley (hope that's spelt right sorry). Thanks to Karen and Phil for putting us up and Stone Cold for driving me around and not killing me!

It always amazes me the mix of peeps on CF and this weekend summed up just how random we all are. We had people from America to Sweden and Wales to Southampton; we had guys, girls and ducks; we had gays, straights and starfish; we had people from 6 to 60 (or maybe even older?)...and everyone just gets on and has a fab old time! It really warms the heart (if you have one).

TR later, but for now I'll leave you with...
Bins
Crappy pirates
Molestation by ducks
Ian From Coaster Force
Foliage on Buffalo
Ice cream in AJ's face
The tornado stole my burger...flavour pringles
Roo making me arboreal
and I'm always scanning for fish

Also, nice pics of the old station James and those graphs are just epic Loefet. At last...hard proof!

Jordan...Or are you?

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster
Thank you to everyone for the great day yesterday, and a big thanks to everyone for making me feel welcome (especially Ian).

Hopefully see you all at another live soon :)

James.

AJ

Giga Poster
My camera isn't working with my laptop. Gutted. Will take longer to get this video done, i wanted to do it today =[[[[[

In the meantime, enjoy this:

249485_10150593454645184_556525183_18343332_3195376_n.jpg

kimahri

CF Legend
I had alot of stuff written out of the whole thing but it all got shat on...

But I can shorten it down. The weekend has been gret fun, Just meeting alot of new people and talking to them was just great. Drayton is a terrible park so I won't be going back unless it's with all you loveable people also getting to hug Ian, My god my life is complete. Ben 10 is amazing, Epic cannon noise <3

Finally, Benin <3

Thanks for the entire weekend, I really hope I can figure out what to do for yorkshire live, anyone want to pick me up from the station and give me somewhere to stay for the night between the days and take me back? :3

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I had a fantastic weekend and thanks to everyone for coming along and making it great. Was superb to see old faces again (some with new faces :lol: ) and some new faces too.

I think that the "what happened" has been covered pretty well already. So I don't really know what to add (plus I've had a day in meetings all day about telecoms so my head is not filled with that and the live has been pushed out of my over stuffed brain).

I'm sure lots will come to me though as people post :)

I have to say though, I DO like 13 as a kiddy coaster and Nemesis was stunning on Saturday - had a really good run.

Drayton was looking pretty good too, with the guns replaced on Chuff-nuggets but Pirate Mis-Adventure is as dire as ever (and I really hate that ride). I still can't believe the number of people who went on G-Force too, sick bunch of puppies. At least I found out some sentences that the word sparkly is never used in ("Will has a sparkly personality" and "Wow, my poo is particularly sparkly today" ) and that Mysterious Sue is very inaptly named as she isn't the slightest bit mysterious, but is quite particularly arboreal. She also learned that you should never escalate tit-for-tat with a five year without shame (or anyone with a five year old's mentality ;) ).

Ben 10 is still great fun too for what it is, really enjoyed Drayton (except Pm'A and Buffalo) and Alton is a CHORE!

Oh, and love the graphs Loefet, especially the Oblivion one actually which is quite telling :)

david morton said:
Outside the Pizza joint. Quality!

I was under the impression it was enthusiast law to present your group as food obsessed - I was just towing the line!!! ;)

Thekingin64 said:
Photo0011.jpg

Old train station from road bridge.

Same shot, different century ;)
floodedstationwat.jpg

http://www.altontowersmemories.net/

Thekingin64 said:
[youtube]http://youtu.be/duR9ovRupbY[/youtube]
Video.

You need to use the full link from the URL, not the link - so:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duR9ovRupbY
only in youtube tags... Yes, I know... It needs fixing :lol:

davidm

Strata Poster
furie said:
david morton said:
Outside the Pizza joint. Quality!

I was under the impression it was enthusiast law to present your group as food obsessed - I was just towing the line!!! ;)

and it hadn't escaped my attention that Sunday's shot was in front of a burger place!

furie said:

Odd shot that; had to look it up on the source site to check that it wasn't Alton's canal boat station! (train line is flooded apparently) :--D

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I love that photo. I saw it on Friday and then low and behold, I see exactly the same shot this morning (sans water). Fantastic bit of coincidence and my obscurely eidetic memory misfiring to remember it :)

We do actually love to eat burgers by the way :)

AJ

Giga Poster
Got the footage onto my computer, it's a pile of w*nk, so don't be expecting anything even half decent lol

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
Well, that was an epic weekend. I was hoping to post photos tonight, but I'm even more knackered tonight that I was last night (how the hell does that work?) so I'm just about to crawl into bed and sleep instead.

Thanks to everyone who attended for making it such a fantastic Live. Roll on the next one!

walker1104

Mega Poster
Well it sounds like you all had a great time!

Shame I couldn't join you. I usually don't work Saturdays, so I was going to try and head down to the Alton portion of the Live. But I don't know until the weekend before what I'm working the next week. Sadly, I'd been put down to work both Saturday and Sunday, so couldn't do anything :(

Maybe next year, eh?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Before I start my Alton Towers trip report, I'd like to apologies to those glued to Twitter all day waiting for my updates.

Unfortunately, the 3G signal at Alton Towers is turd on oPoo. This graph shows my frustration throughout the day.
3gsignal.JPG

All in all, I had a great day! This graph represents the amount of times I LOLd throughout the day.
leveloflol.JPG

Notable highlights that I've not put in graph form include:
  • Hixee's "The rapture is coming!" comment when Steven decided to change his shirt after the rapids.
  • Taking Mysterious Sue's virginity on Enterprise. (Yes, I did Enterprise!)
  • Stupid place to have a group photo and lack of enthusiasm for a silly one.
  • Writing "Willy" on the ground with a stone whilst having a fag with Will and Karen in Forbidden Valley.
  • Katie getting soaked on the rapids fat boat, despite her being the smallest.
  • Explaining Eggheads and Falling Asleep On The Train story in Th13teen's queue.
  • Ghost of the Sea <3
  • Interacting with everybody through the day.
  • The sheer brilliance of Nemesis.
  • The sheer lameness of Th13teen. I want it to do more!
  • The amount of times I heard those three words "Ian from CoasterForce".
  • Neal's lack of ability to put a brick back in Air's queue line floor.

I enjoyed lunch. Shared a table with Jayjay, tepr, Benin and Nicky. I can't believe how quick they microwaved my food in that bar near Hex! I went out for a fag after ordering, took one puff and Nicky informed me that my dinner was on the table! Lunch was spent chatting about different stuff including Amanda Thompson, which cued a session of quotes such as "THAT IS A NEW MACHINE!"
atimpressions.JPG

We were goon free! Well, nearly...
chatsteven.JPG

Flicking Raybould with a glasses strap not only annoys him slightly but reduces queue line boredom for me.
raybouldstrap.JPG

loefet's sweets were quite nice once you got past the initial saltiness. This graph demonstrates the typical reaction of people sampling them.
loefetsweet.JPG

I would like to congratulate furie on organising a successful (imo) day at Alton. It's not the easiest park to navigate with a group, so well done! He even put the group before his own son but getting half way round the Rapids queue before realising he left him at the entrance :wink:

Faff was kept to a minimum. There were the odd occasions when I wondered WTF was going on. For example, walking through the Towers and Air's continuous breakdowns towards the end of the day.
whatsgoingon.JPG

There we have it!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Haha! Great Ian! Very original and creative.

<3

AJ

Giga Poster
[scouse] MAYTE YOU'RE HOLDIN UP THE QUEUE, MOVE [/scouse]

Something like that anyway....

Apparently moving forward 3 ft in a broken down rides queue will affect the lives of gypsy children.

Ben

CF Legend
Ian said:
different stuff including Amanda Thompson, which cued a session of quotes such as "THAT IS A NEW MACHINE!"

"You RACED around, it's not whatever that blooming track's called... SILVERSTONE"

<3