What's new

Metalhead's RCT3 Thread

metalhead7

Mega Poster
Just recently got RCT3 on my new computer, so I spent a little time getting reacquainted with the game. Here is the result.

I present to you THE ARK

6EbH2uP.png

An indoor amusement park located just outside of Las Vegas Nevada complete with watersides, roller coasters, and thrill rides.

snpT2Sr.jpg

The Ark features 3 roller coasters varying in intensity. The tamest of which is a family coaster named Wind Ryder.

v7nZTrn.jpg

I still have not finished the roof, but it shouldn't take too long to do once I'm happy with everything inside.

The crown jewel of The Ark is without a doubt, Aftershock.

Backstory - After a devastating earthquake a handful of survivors try to find a way back to safety, but they do not realize the road is more dangerous than they had anticipated.

Speed - 69mph
Height - 98
Inversions - 3
Length - 3778 ft

POV

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETw6QlP6X5g[/youtube]
(POV is mirrored....not sure why)

More updates coming soon!!

scw55

Hyper Poster
Re: The Ark (Indoor Water / Amusement Park)

Is there an issue with the running speed of the POV video? It feels like the coaster travels too fast for the bends. It looks like a rough ride with that speed sadly.

Other than that, the park looks really exciting.

metalhead7

Mega Poster
Re: The Ark (Indoor Water / Amusement Park)

No, it is a fairly fast paced roller coaster. I can turn down the speed a little bit. This is my first RCT park in about 4 or 5 years, so its taking some getting used to again.

metalhead7

Mega Poster
So I'm putting the indoor park on the back burner for a while so I can work on this.

Arcadia
Tucked away in a suburb outside of New York City, Arcadia provides a fun getaway for the whole family. There are three boroughs of Arcadia, each with its own style of art and architecture. Between these boroughs are mystical lands filled with thrills and adventure unlike anywhere else in the world.

You enter through the town of Lexingburg, a colonial style village. At first all seems normal but rumors are amiss of a large red winged creature lurking nearby. Are you brave enough to investigate.

ZfKMVoU.jpg

bfTOIoz.jpg

qONX1pF.png

jGp9dm6.jpg

Pretend there are supports there, I'm still trying to figure it out how to get custom scenery on a mac.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
Nice ideas, especially your back stories that you give to most rides. Your latest park seems to be well laid out, giving it that park ambience/feel.

I agree that there is certainly a speed issue with aftershock though. On rct3 surplus speed makes coasters seem rough and you do not quite have time to notice the scenery nor achieve that 'floater airtime'. Remember there is always a break in tempo on most rides, even launchers, to recover (eg KK's top hat)

Remember too to have consistent theming throughout an area.

Well done and keep going!

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster
I would just be repeating really but other than the speed issue, you have some really clever ideas. One thing about your rides I've noticed is they all give a vibe of just good, simple fun. And you have a little back story which always gets points from me :wink:

metalhead7

Mega Poster
YES FEEDBACK!!!! haha

Thanks for the advice and support, I've been having issues with spawning guests for Arcadia, so I've been working on other stuff while trying to fix that problem. I'm glad you like the back stories, I'm trying to model the park after an RPG game where you may have a few cities or towns at different spots on the map, with more of a wilderness area in between them.

metalhead7

Mega Poster
scw55 said:
Remember wilderness =/= void :p There's a lot going on in wilderness.

Yeah thats where most of the rides and roller coasters will be, the villages will be mostly shops and maybe a few flat rides.