What's new

Medicinal Marajuana refused at La Ronde

Nic

Strata Poster
I can't believe she was so surprised. Mind you, I guess she'd usually be too stoned to care.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/ ... 374697692/

The article said:
A woman says she was forbidden to use medical marijuana, for which she has a permit, on the grounds of a Montreal amusement park.

When Victoria Hollinrake of Hawkesbury, Ontario, visited Montreal's La Ronde, a Six Flags theme park, with her children, she was told by a security guard she would need to leave the park to use her medicinal marijuana, the Canadian Broadcasting Corp. reported Wednesday.

She has a chronic nerve disorder causing shock-like pain in her face, and a Health Canada permit allowing her to carry and use medicinal marijuana, she said.

"It's against the policies, and you cannot smoke on the grounds," she says she was told.

Although La Ronde is a smoke-free theme park, visitors are permitted to smoke tobacco, but not marijuana, in designated areas, the CBC noted.

Catherine Tremblay, La Ronde's communications director, said the park makes no exceptions regarding medical marijuana.

"Guests [with a permit] should contact guest relations, where they will be directed outside the premises to proceed with their therapy, with the possibility to be readmitted,' Tremblay said.

Hollinrake said she chose not to leave her children alone, and went the entire day without medication.

"By the end of the day my face was swollen. I ended up being as sick as heck," she said.

Shocking. Considering 90% of the guests at La Ronde appear ghetto as all heck, you'd think there'd be a lot more drugs in that place.

La Ronde </3

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Nic said:
Mind you, I guess she'd usually be too stoned to care.

Allegedly, when taking pot for pain, the THC affects the pain first and offers euphoria only once the pain has been subdued. Though I'm no expert and every report you read seems completely biased one way or another :roll:

I suppose it's banned to stop people from abusing it without a license - it's not like they'll have security at every smoking point checking for licenses. A blanket ban keeps it clean.

Though to be fair, maybe they should ban all smoking? ;)

How big is the park Tay? Is it a major chore to leave and re-enter?

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Surely she could have just smoked it anyway, it not like she has staff following her every step.
Alton don't seem to care... or the dark forest to be fair ;)