What's new

Mattel Adventure Park | Kansas City | Theme Park | 2026

Niles

Giga Poster
Well looks like we have another one.
IKDAS3AYH5FLXLPG3QEDI6SGFE.jpg
The all-new, family-friendly themed entertainment destination is set to open in 2026, with plans to break ground later this year.

Seems to sound very similar to the Arizona one with two coasters, RCDB stating both are from Chance with one being a Hyper GT-X.

Some other attractions named are, Barbie-themed flying theater, He-Man vs. Skeletor Laser Tag, Thomas & Friends rides and more.

Source: https://corporate.mattel.com/news/mattel-adventure-park-kansas-city-set-for-2026-opening

Last edited:

cocoa

Mega Poster
this is also the main proposal for where the chiefs would move if they dont pass whatever tax crap their trying to do over on the missouri side right now. i was wondering if kc had capacity for another theme park but honestly it makes sense in this kind of context---even before there was all this stuff my family would take us out to legends just to **** around and go to the t rex cafe (rip)

cheers
zac

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
So bloody hell, turns out this is not just a theme park but a whole resort...

Epic Resorts are pretty much importing their ongoing Arizona project over to Kansas City and calling it Destination KCK. Park and coasters pretty much looks like a copy paste of those in Arizona. Project is fairly extensive and interesting to consider, but no way it'll be ready by... checks notes... 2026. Kansas City will be hosting six FIFA matches so perhaps the timeline is a way to build hype, but it's certain that none of this development will be ready by then.
90.png.jpeg
90-2.png
90.png
90-1.png
Source

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
The amount of parking is just insane. America's car laws are such an influential oddity.
I went to visit a friend at The Florida Institute of Technology (genuine known as FIT) in the early 2010s.

It's been fixed now but at the time their campus was split either side of a main road. There was no way to cross this main road via crossing or bridge, instead students were expected to either drive down to the next intersection then back up to the carpark on the other side of the road or catch a shuttle bus once every half hour that did the same thing.

It's the most American thing I had ever seen 😂

Last edited: