Do You Like Marylin Manson

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
Do you like him or do you hate him? As a Christian people might surprised that I am saying this but I agree with a lot of what he says. Religion is an evil thing that man created and everything that is considered sinful is everything that defines humanity. I believe in God but I dont believe in the man made church

Do you like his music?

A

Anonymous

im not a slave to a god that doesnt exist
and im not a slave to a world that doesnt give a $hit
the man is a jenious
but a bizzre one at that :D

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
MM is a very clever bloke. He's created a superb persona and image, the likes of which we've not seen since Bowie in the early 70's.

Everything he does is part of a calculated act, and his success is about more than his music, you have to buy into the Manson product.

Musically, it's not dreadful, but he's not particularly talented either. It lost its edge when he moved away from Trent Reznor producing his stuff. His initial stuff was just raw and poor musically, the Reznor produced tracks were edgy and musically coherent, then his work after creeping out from under Reznor's wings (Mechanical Animals and onwards), is just pop/pulp/rock. It's easier to listen to, and easier to sell as music to the public.

I like the odd track here and there, and think his cover of Sweet Dreams is excellent. However, it's mostly bland at best and I just don't buy into the product.

Still, can't knock the bloke for making a fortune out of himself :)

Edit-
Heresy by Trent Reznor said:
he sewed his eyes shut because he was afraid to see
he tries to tell me what i pit inside of me
he's got the answers to ease my curiosity
he dreamed a god up and called it christianity
you god is dead and no one cares
if there is a hell i will see you there
he flexed his muscles to keep his flock of sheep in line
he made a virus that would kill off all the swine
his perfect kingdom of killing, suffering and pain
demands devotion atrocities done in his name
you gos is dead and no one cares
drowning in his own hypocrisy
and if there is a hell i will see you there
burning with your god in humility
will you die for this?

Reznor was doing the anti-religion thing a long time before Manson, but gave up when Manson took up that mantle.

Manson is very similar to Microsoft. Inferior versions of everyone else's separate products, but packaged in a popular and sellable way.

Mike

Giga Poster
To be honest, I don't think I've never listened to any of his songs long enough to know what he sounds like.

He looks like a bit of a freak though.

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
He deliberately dresses like that , it's nothing new really, just shock value. The same Ozzy decapitating a dove on stage. Also the make up thing was done with the likes of Kiss and Alice Cooper long before Manson arrived on the scene. I will admit that he looks pretty freaky because of the white contact lenses that makes him look dead

A

Anonymous

^(LOL) he dose a bit dosen't he/it.

No I don't really like him.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Pretty much what furie said.

I'm not a fan musically, and I used to think he was a bit of a dick really. After seeing him in interviews though, I've come to realise that he's a very smart guy, with very well thought out views and opinions.

He's completely manufactured his own image, and hordes of "troubled" teenagers (i.e. spoilt rich kids who wish they had some real problems) see him as something to look up to. Anyone who thinks he's "scary" has completly bought into the whole package.

It's a bloke called Brian, in some halloween make-up, deliberately spouting controversial/anti-christian stuff to get money from deluded teenagers.

Sam

Giga Poster
He/She/It is a big silly Gothic, emo, long haired, Satan kissing preeeek.

One or two of its songs are bearable but on the whole he's a ****.

A

Anonymous

Basically... everything Sam said except the "emo" bit. :roll:

And his music videos are so boring... half of every music vid he does is just him snogging some gothic slut.

nadroJ

CF Legend
I didn't mind him, like himself not his music which is not to my taste, until I saw him in this film called The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things. He plays this little kids mums boyfriend and he is like a pedophile or something (the film was quite hard to get the jist of). He didn't have all that make-up and stuff on and yet he still creeped me out. I realise he probably took on that role to add to his image but anyone willing to play a pedophile I think is a person to be wary of......He still managed to bag one of the sexiest women ever though. Not that I like girls or anything but she was hot!

kimahri

CF Legend
I don't actually mind him.

He's like slipknot, kiss and lordi etc etc. the costume thing is just an act. he is actually a really smart person like furie and gavin said

Also i don't really think he cares what people say about his act persona at the end of the day he can just go. my wife is sexier than your i have more money and I enjoy my job.

He/She/It is a big silly Gothic, emo, long haired, Satan kissing preeeek.

If he thinks religion is the worst thing man has ever created then how is he a Satan kissing freak?

flawed logic there.