What's new

Marmite Coasters

Jools

Giga Poster
I thought there was a topic on this, but I searched and there wasn't one so I created one.

This may seem stupid, as this applies to every coasters, but what rides do you find that some people hate it and some people love it? To make it less general, no one or not many people think it's "alright", because noone or not many people think that of marmite. If you get me. :lol:

Rides like that, which stick out in my mind are:
Saw - The Ride
Colossus
Nemesis
Stealth
Ultimate
Rita
The Big One

Snoo

The Legend
Millennium Force.

There is no 'its ok'.. you either want to bone it or think it is worthless. I choose the latter.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Kumali
Duelling Dragons
Most Disney rides
Baco
Dragon Khan
SheiKra
Piraten

That's a few more to the list, and out of your original list there's only two that I actually really like... UK coasters, they're not for everyone :lol:

jayjay

Giga Poster
Two names immediately sprang to mind when I saw the title.

The Ultimate
Wild Mouse (Blackpool)

Emmett

Giga Poster
The one coaster that sticks out for me and that hasn't been mentioned is Jubilee Odyssey. Some people rate it very high like myself but others don't rate it at all and find it disappointing.

Regarding The Ultimate I think most people like it, although the majority of the complaints always seem to be about how rough it is. Is still a great coaster.

Millennium Force.

There is no 'its ok'.. you either want to bone it or think it is worthless. I choose the latter.

Oooh, wrong. I think it's okay :p .

I'm gonna say Stealth though.. Or any launched coaster like it for that matter. A lot of people think it's just a one trick pony and just don't care for it, yet a lot of people love it.

Beast seems like another one.. You appreciate it for its uniqueness or you think it's crap because it doesn't have airtime.

Thunderbolt at Kennywood might be one too.. I've heard so many people like it a lot, and then I rode it and I was just like uhhh? I don't hear about it enough to consider it a true "marmite" coaster though.

Those are the only three I can think of at the moment but I know there are probably a lot more.

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
Yeah, I don't know too many people that absolutely hate Millennium Force...they just think it's overrated. I don't get how you can hate the coaster, it isn't rough or un-enjoyable.

- X2. Some people love it (like myself), but some think it is too rough and won't go anywhere near it.

- Ghostrider. Some people still really like the ride, other's hate it.

I agree with Beast.

- Magnum XL-200. While there aren't too many people that absolutely love the ride, there are a lot that do really enjoy it and other people that have it as their #1 worst coaster.

- Tatsu. There are so many fanboys out there, and for a while I thought I was the only one that didn't like the ride, but I've actually found a lot people that also think the ride (as well as other flying coasters) is definitely not anything special.

Jools

Giga Poster
I also forgot one; Kraken. Some people say it's forceless, some disagree like myself, mainly due to weather the trims are on or not.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Nemesis. Yep. Ether you love it. Or you hate it to the extreme.

Mille Force. Yeah but it really depends how much you care for airtime I think. If your not bothered and just enjoy that rediculous speed it has you'd love it. If your focused on airtime you will get bored with it. Its only really something it has in 2 places.

CMonster

Giga Poster
UC said:
Hydra is another one that sticks out to me. You either hate the ride because it's forceless, or you love the ride because it's so weird. I personally love it - had me laughing the entire time.

I agree. The whole way I was thinking WTF but still enjoyed it, it's so... strange.

And I still don't know what marmite is. :lol:

Martyn B

CF Legend
jayjay said:
Two names immediately sprang to mind when I saw the title.

The Ultimate
Wild Mouse (Blackpool)

From what I see, both of them coasters get a lot of love, I rarely see much hatred for them.

However, Space Mountain DLP & Jubilee Odyssey are the biggest jars of marmite. And I love them both :D

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
Agree with a lot of the suggestions here.

The Ultimate - I love, probably my favourite coaster actually.
Jubilee Odyssey - I hate. Don't get why people like it.
Tastu - Agree completely with CreditCrazy, and I still thought I was the only person who wasn't keen ha!
Saw The Ride - Obviously been brought to light more because it's a new addition. Personally, I'm a pretty big fan.
Kraken - If anybody actually loves this thing then I'd like to hear why, it's just such a waste.
Pepsi Max Big One Complete and utter crap.

I'd like to throw in the Corkscrew at Alton. People either seem to respectively miss it, and appreciate it for the iconic coaster that it was, or wish it painful scrapping because it hurt their poor little ears once on the way round. Shame.
Also Irn Bru Revolution. I adore this thing, and honeslty see it as one of the best coasters in the country, but so much of the GP just see it as a loop that's taken forwards than backwards. Not sure about enthusiasts opinions on that one..
Another one, Scream! You either hate it because it's on a car park, or enjoy it for the coaster that it is. I actually, and suprisingly, really enjoyed this thing. I did ride it at night though, so the car park wouldn't have been as noticable, but still, I thought it was a pretty good coaster. It does suck it's on a car park, but I don't hate the entire coaster experience because of it.

Jools

Giga Poster
bezzzzzer said:
Also Irn Bru Revolution. I adore this thing, and honeslty see it as one of the best coasters in the country, but so much of the GP just see it as a loop that's taken forwards than backwards. Not sure about enthusiasts opinions on that one..

I totally agree, I thought I was the only one!

Martyn B

CF Legend
Kraken - If anybody actually loves this thing then I'd like to hear why, it's just such a waste.

Why does Kraken have this bad reputation? Obviously I cannot comment either way as I am yet to ride it, but the way I see it is that it has a pretty similar layout to Dragon Khan, which everyone seems to love more than sex?.

I think its alright, but it doesn't really do enough to be a great coaster. You say that the GP see it as 'a loop thats taken forwards, then backwards', well they see it like that because that is all it is?

Snoo

The Legend
Martyn B said:
Why does Kraken have this bad reputation? Obviously I cannot comment either way as I am yet to ride it, but the way I see it is that it has a pretty similar layout to Dragon Khan, which everyone seems to love more than sex?.

Kraken is a floorless. Dragon Khan is not.

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
Martyn B said:

Why does Kraken have this bad reputation? Obviously I cannot comment either way as I am yet to ride it, but the way I see it is that it has a pretty similar layout to Dragon Khan, which everyone seems to love more than sex?

Kraken is forceless, Dragon Khan is not. It's as simple as that really.

I think its alright, but it doesn't really do enough to be a great coaster. You say that the GP see it as 'a loop thats taken forwards, then backwards', well they see it like that because that is all it is?

Literally, yes. But, when you're at the back of the train, the airtime on that drop is absolutley sensational, and I could pick that single moment out as one of the greatest coaster experiences I ever have. It's very quick, very intense, but short lived and unoriginial. The GP seem to have a tendancy of liking bigger, better things and not enjoying something for value if it looks crap, i.e. 'just a loop that's taken forwards then backwards'. A 200+ foot tall machine or the worlds first bull**** entirely over water seem a lot more exciting than just 'one loop'.

However, in reality, they're all wrong.

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
bezzzzzer said:
Another one, Scream! You either hate it because it's on a car park, or enjoy it for the coaster that it is. I actually, and suprisingly, really enjoyed this thing. I did ride it at night though, so the car park wouldn't have been as noticable, but still, I thought it was a pretty good coaster. It does suck it's on a car park, but I don't hate the entire coaster experience because of it.

It's not just the parking lot, though. The ride is very rattle-y and just a complete waste of a ride. The MCBR is on very hard, and I hate rides that are just inversions.

There are some rides you need to ride a lot to get a true opinion on; Scream! is one of those rides. Most of the people I know (including myself) love their first ride on Scream!, but after riding it more and more, you grow to really hate the ride.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
I'm thinking gwazi and stampida - I loved them both - but can't understand why Gwazi get's such a bad rap. Stampida - yes, it's very very rough, but I think it was the best fun coaster at PA.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
I'm thinking gwazi and stampida - I loved them both - but can't understand why Gwazi get's such a bad rap. Stampida - yes, it's very very rough, but I think it was the best fun coaster at PA.