What's new

Markings around Flight School at Legoland Florida

Lukas D

Roller Poster
Mythica B&M Wing Coaster probably?

With the LEGO Movie World opening back in 2019, the park is due for a major expansion anyway as Merlin usually try to bring these to their parks about every four years or so.

Last edited:

Lukas D

Roller Poster
FloridaMythica.jpg

Sorry for double-posting (and a lot of blue sky thinking), but I had a look at Google Earth and the Flying School site + some wasteland to the south of it might actually be perfectly sized to get something similar to the German resort in there. So you would have the Maximus Wing Coaster as headline attraction plus the Lavaland play area that both Windsor and Germany have got. Of course, the drop towers wouldn't make sense, as Florida already has those in the LEGO Movie World.

Notably, Shenzhen has recently had one of their Mythica-themed flat rides cancelled. The masterplan showed a round "airport ride" on that site, probably similar to the little dumbo ride in Germany. Who says this will not just go to another resort instead? As it is also the theme of the Mythica 4D cinema, wouldn't a little Bobs-learns-how-to-fly ride be an absolute blast?

flughafen-legoland.jpg
1682197164408.png
Source and source

JackFish

Mega Poster
I didn't get the chance to ride this when I was at the park due to lightning so hopefully it'll stay till my next trip to Florida. Of course, I always need a reason to visit Florida. But Iron Gwazi isn't a good enough one, so hopefully a new ride? I have mixed feelings.

embean01

Roller Poster
Looking at the plot of land flight school sits on, i found that its about half an acre in size. (200 feet long, 120 feet wide) now that may not seem like a lot but it would easily be enough for some sort of dark ride. A lego city submarine dark ride could fit in quite nicely in this plot of land, even a version of the trackless lego factory ride may work. a b&m family wing coaster could also be a possibility but im not sure if its large enough to fit due to it not currently being visible on google maps. it could also be a completely original ride, maybe even a flying eagle clone from legoland billund.

Lukas D

Roller Poster
With the LEGO Movie World dating back to 2019, Florida is overdue for what Merlin calls a big expansion. These major expansions are usual multi-park rollouts (such as the LEGO Ninjago World).

When the LEGO Movie World opened in Florida in 2019, it was planned for a rollout throughout all US and European Legoland parks by 2021. As the second LEGO Movie failed at the box office, Windsor's iteration was quickly rethemed to Mythica, while Germany's was scrapped altogether. Add Covid and we see how recent years have been a bit shaky in terms of Legoland additions. So whatever comes to Florida will probably set the tone for what's to come in the following years.

If we see a Mythica area, that probably means the global rollout of Mythica will go on with additions in Billund, California, and maybe even New York and Korea being highly likely for the coming years.

However, I have become more sceptical of that recently. And the reason for that is LEGO's new Dreamzzz IP. In recent years there were hints that LEGO was eager to turn Mythica into a full LEGO product line (e.g. here when talking about the bond between Merlin and LEGO). Now Dreamzzz is on the market and it seems closely related to Mythica in many ways (fantasy creatures and dream portal at its core), but it's a different IP with a different look. So could we see a Dreamzzz area in Florida? Basically, Mythica rethemed to the new LEGO IP?

Of course, the LEGO Factory Adventure Darkride would be a candidate, too, which also could see a global rollout, given it is a part of the plans for all newly built LEGOLAND resorts (Korea, China) after the initial NY opening.

I'm excited to see what Florida will bring to the table.

embean01

Roller Poster
With the LEGO Movie World dating back to 2019, Florida is overdue for what Merlin calls a big expansion. These major expansions are usual multi-park rollouts (such as the LEGO Ninjago World).

When the LEGO Movie World opened in Florida in 2019, it was planned for a rollout throughout all US and European Legoland parks by 2021. As the second LEGO Movie failed at the box office, Windsor's iteration was quickly rethemed to Mythica, while Germany's was scrapped altogether. Add Covid and we see how recent years have been a bit shaky in terms of Legoland additions. So whatever comes to Florida will probably set the tone for what's to come in the following years.

If we see a Mythica area, that probably means the global rollout of Mythica will go on with additions in Billund, California, and maybe even New York and Korea being highly likely for the coming years.

However, I have become more sceptical of that recently. And the reason for that is LEGO's new Dreamzzz IP. In recent years there were hints that LEGO was eager to turn Mythica into a full LEGO product line (e.g. here when talking about the bond between Merlin and LEGO). Now Dreamzzz is on the market and it seems closely related to Mythica in many ways (fantasy creatures and dream portal at its core), but it's a different IP with a different look. So could we see a Dreamzzz area in Florida? Basically, Mythica rethemed to the new LEGO IP?

Of course, the LEGO Factory Adventure Darkride would be a candidate, too, which also could see a global rollout, given it is a part of the plans for all newly built LEGOLAND resorts (Korea, China) after the initial NY opening.

I doubt dreamzzz would be on the table considering the area its located in. Also, legoland billund got a lego movie world in like 2021/2022, so i dont think that the failure of the Lego movie 2 was a huge factor. And legoland korea is already open with the factory Adventure ride. My guess is a dark ride: either a lego city submarine adventure (like in california, billund, windsor, etc), a madhouse type ride, a trackless dark ride, or something original. you also have to consider how flight school is in the lego city area of the park

embean01

Roller Poster

Also, peppa pig theme park kind of served as that big expansion in 2022. Even though it’s seperate admission it was basically an expansion to the resort.

Lukas D

Roller Poster
Merlin have issued a press release announcing both a Ferrari Build & Race experience for the park and a Sea Life Center for the resort. So probably that's what's going to the Flight School site?

This comes as somewhat of a surprise to me as there is already one operating in Orlando, so basically in the same market.

embean01

Roller Poster
As per ParkFans, plans have been filed for the replacement...

And it be... Indoor Coaster!
Very similar to what Legoland California is building
View attachment 29435
View attachment 29436
View attachment 29437

Might not be the mini B&M wing that we were hoping for, but indoor coasters at Legoland are an interesting premise. Wonder how similar they could end up being to Project Horizon at Towers, given Merlin.
Oh nice! I was right in my feelings of it being some sort of indoor ride. I might just go back next year if its true! Whatever it is its a improvement over flying school. Ive been on several vekoma family hang and bangs and that one by far has been the worst ive been on.

JackFish

Mega Poster
Oh nice! I was right in my feelings of it being some sort of indoor ride. I might just go back next year if its true! Whatever it is its a improvement over flying school. Ive been on several vekoma family hang and bangs and that one by far has been the worst ive been on.
FITH Clone?!?!?!

JackFish

Mega Poster
Definitely not. Wouldnt make sense for legoland to make that. It will probably be something along the lines of darkoaster
It was a joke given my SDC fanboy-like personality. Im trying to make me being able to mention SDC in most of my posts a running joke on this site.