What's new

MARCH 15th- UPDATE!

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
LiveForTheLaunch said:
As for the slide stairs, they look pretty much how most slide stair towers look. I don't know how yours look in Norway.
Boe01.jpg

B%C3%B8%20Magasuget3%20(200x267).jpg

20070801-163003-2.jpg

frognerbadet_vannsklien_w468.jpg

Better?

And just for the fun of it...
parkeringshus.jpg

:lol:

Anyway, your park is splendid. What I meant about the sails, is that you, for instance, made a sail like this:
pirate_ship_decoration.JPG

They don't have to be triangular, you know.

Apart from the slide towers and the sail, it's so far almost perfect. Be sure to make backup files!

Ooh, yeah I see what you mean Pokey; I dunno, I'm pretty happy with the stairs going up to my slides but I do see how they kinda look like carpark towers in a way. I tried a few different methods but this one definitely looked the best.

As for the pirate ship, I think I might try out square sails! Thanks a lot.

So, after the completion of my waterpark, I made a new hotel! It's pretty big in size, has a lot of rooms, and a pool. It's one of those on-site hotels, which is right near the waterpark and soon-to-be amusement park. I also made some small boat docks because the main way people get to and from the hotel is from their boats (I need to add more boat docks though; about a hundred rooms and only five or six boat docks will not suffice).

SCR8-5.jpg

Front of hotel and some boat docks

SCR9-4.jpg

Side of hotel and the path going to the pool

SCR15.jpg

Other side of the hotel which overlooks the waterpark

SCR14-1.jpg

Pool section which I'm not completely satisfied with so I might do more work on it

SCR7-4.jpg

Overview of the hotel, and as you can see, I changed the sails on the pirate ship in my park

SCR16.jpg

Boats and some more boat docks

SCR17.jpg

Overview of everything I have so far!

Ollie

CF Legend
That hotel is really nice. But there's something that doesn't look right, but I can't think what it is. :?

The boats are a nice idea but are really small in scale compared to everything else (I like the water effect behind it). :p

But yeah, looks fantastic overall, but some things don't look right in scale compared to other objects or buildings.

Hope you get what I mean Taylor.

It's looking great though. :p

Hm, well yeah I know what you mean about scale, but I don't see anything that really seems too off scale in my park so far, but if you can, try to like, point out the things that are too big or too small.

And yeah I know what you mean about the hotel. I think the thing that bothers me is that some pieces are skinny and the entrance part is too narrow, but I dunno, I'm not about to redo the whole thing to fix one little problem.

Thanks for the comment!

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Wow!

I love it! The new hotel is nice..but I think the blue is a bit too bright..after the brightness of the water park I think the hotel needs to be a bit darker.

Ollie

CF Legend
^Have you any idea how long it takes to change the colour of a building on RCT2? :p

It's nice Taylor if but try and make the roof a bit more pleasant to look at. I know roofs are like that in real life, but that looks too plain if you get where I'm looking.

But Arly, dark is ghetto! This is like, the darkest park I have ever made pretty much (aside from maybe my last one), and I need to brighten it up a bit.

Honestly though, the blue was a random choice. I wanted it to be a little bit bright but I just kinda spontaneously picked that one. It was a neutral-ish colour, but was also bright enough to not be boring. If I made it the dark and light shades of brown it would look too similar to my other hotel.

Thanks for the feedback!

It's nice Taylor if but try and make the roof a bit more pleasant to look at. I know roofs are like that in real life, but that looks too plain if you get where I'm looking.

Yeah, I'll add some of the grey stacks and stuff I'm sure, and a way to access the roof.

Deano

Mega Poster
IMO the hotel looks really good as its blue colour. Theres not much choice on the colour pallet and i think that is a good colour to use. Those sails look better because when i saw these, i didnt think half my PC screen had packed up :lol:

It looks good so far. Cant wait till' you've finished this!

SO, I'm having issues with my RCT2 once more. I have multiple files saved but as of now I've lost the hotel and the lake, so unless I can get someone to help me either on here or on NEdesigns, I'm gonna have to rebuild.

I'm not too bummed about having to rebuild the hotel as there are things that I'd like to fix and the thing that usually takes me so long is figuring out what I want my building to look like, so now that I already know it wouldn't take me too long. The lake, however, is annoying to remake.

Ollie

CF Legend
Well at least you don't have to re-build the whole thing again like last time. :p

See, this is a prime example of why it's important to back your file up regularly. lol

Deano

Mega Poster
Ollie said:
Well at least you don't have to re-build the whole thing again like last time. :p

See, this is a prime example of why it's important to back your file up regularly. lol

...On a disk ;)

Well considering I lost my hotel with that error thing, I rebuilt it and made it look a bit nicer. Of course, it's obviously not done yet, as I haven't done the landscaping and the lake again, but the front and sides are done so here is a preview:

SCR4.jpg

SCR5-6.jpg

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
Those stairs are decidedly useless.
Besides that, it looks better then last time, I think!

You could do a couple things to spice it up a bit. Maybe add some square towers (or just go a little higher) at the 2 end points and stair towers. Don't forget like the air conditioning units and stuff on top. Plants on the inside of the 'U' of the hotel would be good, especially to break up all that asphalt, but I'm sure that's on that way. Looks good!

Those stairs are decidedly useless.
Besides that, it looks better then last time, I think!

The stairs are meant to be fire escapes. Okay, so there aren't holes for the people to get from one stair to the other but as I said in a previous post, I'm going to realism, but not everything is like, functional if you get what I mean.

I'm definitely gonna add some trees and stuff though in between the "C" of the hotel. I actually had a space cut out for that but then I got too lazy at that point, filled it in, and just screenshotted it. I'm gonna get to the landscaping soon, though, but I wanna finish the back of the hotel and the pool area first.

Thanks for the comment, Brian!