What's new

Mandoria | Cararra | Mack Powered Coaster | 2022

cookie

Giga Poster
Gosh, this place I sure wasn't aware of ... there ain't much of these in the good ol' US of A so I don't got much of an idea of how these ride, they don't look so intense but fun. Anways...
Do ya'll think maybe Mack gave these guys a package deal? Buy a bob, we getcha somethin else discounted, included... I don't know, are package deals common? I kind of a noob when it comes to things like these and I wonder if those are commonplaced or no
The “Bob” coaster is a Gerstlauer, not a Mack. It’s named like that because of the single-file trains.

ricky coasters

Roller Poster
The “Bob” coaster is a Gerstlauer, not a Mack. It’s named like that because of the single-file trains.

Awww man, facepalming so hard right now 🤦‍♂️... I did not catch Gerstlauer in the original message, and when i thought Bob I thought "Bobsled coaster" like the ones Mack make... I'll gotta take this mistake, thanks for pointing it out! 🙏

Anyways with that mistake of mine for good out of the way... this powered coaster model looks very alike to the Gerstlauer Bob I will say! Interesting AND comprehensible choice this park took to add a alike ride to please the families... now, does anyone know what this park is themed to, and got a guess of what this new rollercoaster could be themed to???

Niles

Giga Poster
The trains are on site and have been put onto the track, pics are from the parks TikTok, also it looks like they are aiming for a summer 2022 opening:
1652438331319.png1652438377557.png
1652438457001.png1652438416008.png
Source

The new zone will be called 𝐀𝐑𝐊𝐀𝐃𝐘 info below:

"The Search for Explorers is paying off. Earlier finds led to another clue and… it all made sense!
🕵

𝐀𝐑𝐊𝐀𝐃𝐘 is a rich, highly developed district of Mandoria. Its center is the roller-coaster Carrara - the former Carrara marble transport system.
🪨

The explorers have not gotten to all the information yet, but they do have the Mandorian backing. The residents unanimously declared: 𝐀𝐑𝐊𝐀𝐃𝐘 they will be made available to guests!
🎉
"

279071140_785102382894411_2986460494236906818_n.jpg

Source

Last edited:

Stevie

Roller Poster
Alright, I've been putting this off for years because I'm sure it's something simple that I'm missing, but I genuinely don't know how these work. Any hints?

opivy028

Mega Poster
It’s simply that an electrical current is used to power the trains; if you look at the track on this coaster, there’s a grey rail running on top of the normal coaster track (circled in yellow here). An electrical current is run through this rail to power the coaster wheels and also to brake them. There’s an assembly underneath the coaster cars that maintains a consistent connection to this gray rail, not too dissimilar from the way a subway works (subways have a third rail that is electrified; if you remember the show Mythbusters they tested the myth that you could be electrocuted from peeing on the third rail of a subway 😂)

Attachments

• E4437C2B-F643-44B8-86DC-F7808A6D4427.jpeg
    E4437C2B-F643-44B8-86DC-F7808A6D4427.jpeg
    57.4 KB · Views: 23

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
It’s simply that an electrical current is used to power the trains; if you look at the track on this coaster, there’s a grey rail running on top of the normal coaster track (circled in yellow here). An electrical current is run through this rail to power the coaster wheels and also to brake them. There’s an assembly underneath the coaster cars that maintains a consistent connection to this gray rail, not too dissimilar from the way a subway works (subways have a third rail that is electrified; if you remember the show Mythbusters they tested the myth that you could be electrocuted from peeing on the third rail of a subway 😂)
Should mention that each car of the train has a drive tyre built into them that powers the coaster, not the wheels that hold the train to the track.