What's new

Man with no hands not allowed to ride rollercoaster!

Lofty

CF Legend
^ I think that's the least of his problems if he hasn't got hands. I mean, I can think of worse things that I couldn't do without hands ;)

I hope he doesn't read this, we'd get slapped.

IAMGOINGTOHELL.

Waffleman

Mega Poster
After the incident at Darien Lake I'm just glad that they're started to use at least some judgement. I'm fairly certain that he'd rather not ride than fly out, and although it may not be his fault that he has no hands, you must remember it's also not the park's fault.

Kata1

Roller Poster
Yes. I am sorry for the guy that he doesn't get to ride, but I get the park. They don't want another thing like the Darien Lake incident to happen again.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
furie said:
The ride-op isn't qualified to make a judgement about how fit a person is to ride. He can only go by guidelines - guidelines that will now be much tighter than before.

This.

When I was working Raging Bull, we got a guy who essentially had a thumb at the end of each elbow.

Despite the restraint having nothing to do with his arms, we couldn't allow him to ride because 6FGAm says that you must have at least 3 COMPLETE limbs to ride pretty much anything except the park train. The rules did allow for prosthetic limbs to count as a complete limb.

If I had allowed him to ride, I could have been immediately fired for violating safety requirements. If he had ridden and gotten hurt, I'd have been liable for the damages.

Kata1

Roller Poster
You manged the Raging Bull? Cool...
But wait, you said: we got a guy who essentially had a thumb at the end of each elbow.
And the park said that rider's must have 3 complete limbs to ride? So wouldn't he still qualify?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Kata1 said:
And the park said that rider's must have 3 complete limbs to ride? So wouldn't he still qualify?

Despite what most men will tell you, a penis is not a limb...

Nic

Strata Poster
Bottom_Feeder_13 said:
sfot_4_10.jpg
Is it just me that's amused by the statement that you require "at least two legs"?

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Kata1 said:
You manged the Raging Bull? Cool...
But wait, you said: we got a guy who essentially had a thumb at the end of each elbow.

No hands, therefore the arms aren't complete.