What's new

Mammut: The Ride - Conny Land 2014

Martyn B

CF Legend
Dont get excited, it's a just a tree.

Seriously, a tree. That a cable car goes through.

Teaser:
pusj.jpg

gsim.jpg

v833.jpg

oszc.png

:drinking:

peep

CF Legend
I thought I created a topic for this when they first announced it as a 'worlds first attraction coming soon'. Meh, I've been following construction as I might be going there this year.

I think the whole concept is hilarious in a so bad its amazing way. The capacity is also going to be dreadful. I'll admit I'm intrigued as to what will happen inside the tree.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Ethan

Strata Poster
peep said:
I'll admit I'm intrigued as to what will happen inside the tree.

^ It's a shot in the dark, but I think they'll slowly enter one side, and then slowly come out the other side.

peep

CF Legend
Nope. It'll enter, doors will close. Maybe some lights and effects will go off. Doors will reopen and then you'll go back the way you went in.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Ethan

Strata Poster
It's a shame nobody else has twigged that it's an awful ride. Plus the throughput must be a pine in the neck for the ride ops.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Everything at Connyland, apart from the dolphin pool (pretty sure they've had to get rid of the dolphins recently, too), is cheap rubbish.

This won't be any different.

It's kind of amazing that a country as wealthy as Switzerland, with a few fairly big cities and a large tourist industry, only has that place out in the middle of nowhere as its sole amusement park.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Hang on a mo, am I missing something? That is just a glorified archway that a cable car travels through, right?

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
From the description, it seems like it will have fire and water effects:
A tree that no storm can overthrow and that defies forest fires ... Get in and enjoy the new breathtaking travel adventure. Let yourself be carried from the lagoon to the highest tops of risk and be prepared for anything. Take fight to the elements fire, water and wind.
gavin said:
It's kind of amazing that a country as wealthy as Switzerland, with a few fairly big cities and a large tourist industry, only has that place out in the middle of nowhere as its sole amusement park.
I guess you don't count the other three with just a big apple (Happyland New) or a butterfly (Flugplatz Sitterdorf & Kinderparadies Sedel) as amusement parks. :p
That's ok - neither do I. :wink:

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^No, definitely not!

Looking more closely at the map, it's clear that the dolphins have definitely gone (I think Switzerland introduced a law banning keeping them) and they've moved one of their two sealion pools/shows there instead. The old indoor sealion arena is now labelled as Jungle Adventure and looks like a kiddy play area.

peep

CF Legend
So the ride car(s) has arrived, looks quite cool and very open.

1384004_692181564154038_336893800_n.jpg

1947868_692181557487372_946160552_n.jpg

527153_692181554154039_986648365_n.jpg

Source: I think the park's Facebook account.

Lofty

CF Legend
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2_KGq4sTxU[/youtube]

The TV add, so yeah, the doors do close by the look of it, it's still bizarre as ****.