What's new

Major Flooding at SFOG (again...)

monkeyonatable

Mega Poster
The wood would not rot, because six flags has treated the wood for this kid of thing (its built of a lake), and the electronics probably would survive (they are made to take water)

A

Anonymous

monkeyonatable said:
The wood would not rot, because six flags has treated the wood for this kid of thing (its built of a lake), and the electronics probably would survive (they are made to take water)

After a certain length of time, it will get damaged, surely.
I mean, of course they'll try and drain the park as soon as possible, which with people dying due to the floods, a theme park is not the main fccal point.

Hopefully the damage won't be too bad :?

Snoo

The Legend
^Obviously, but with the fact that it is constantly near water and the threat of flooding there, I can see it lasting a little longer.

monkeyonatable

Mega Poster
they treated it for this sort of thing because it is built on a lake (at least most of it is). SFoG floods quite a bit, and it has stood up quite well so far. It usually doesn't take that long for the water to drain, so damage is usually kept to a minimum

Xpress

Strata Poster
Normally they would infact treat wood specifically to resist rotting out, and to resist water for long periods of time.

Had they not treated it for stuff like this, then it would last maybee a season before needing replacement.

As for the electronics, I know they insulate the wiring on the rides with water tight seals, but the printed circuit boards that the computers are made of are probably screwed unless they put them inside water tight cases..