What's new

Magic Mountain Mild Warning

SeanC

Mega Poster
Hey all, just wanted to raise an incident I had at Magic Mountain about a month ago.

I had some items (prescription glasses, car chargers, cash) stolen from my car in the parking lot. Partially my fault since I likely left my car unlocked but I want to highlight how terrible the response was from park security, the LA Sheriff's Department, and Six Flags Customer Service. I'm a season pass member like some of you might be, and they haven't done anything after my persistently politely following up to review the camera footage, which they say clearly show my car not being entered during the hours in question. I strongly believe that a park security employee is the culprit, but my guess is that they're covering that up.

I don't expect them to fully compensate me for the amount of $ that was stolen, but the fact that I didn't even get a credit for food and beverage is disappointing.

I guess just don't be a bozo like I was and remember to lock your car when entering the park!

hersheyfan410

Roller Poster
Honestly wouldn’t be surprised if it was a park employee but ya never know with magic mountain/ six flags can’t rely on the staff to help with that kind of stuff. I would seriously recommend getting into the habit of just locking your car up whenever you go somewhere longer than 5-10 minutes. Obviously the theft isn’t your fault but it pays to be extra careful out there. Hope you can get some justice soon.

SeanC

Mega Poster
Honestly wouldn’t be surprised if it was a park employee but ya never know with magic mountain/ six flags can’t rely on the staff to help with that kind of stuff. I would seriously recommend getting into the habit of just locking your car up whenever you go somewhere longer than 5-10 minutes. Obviously the theft isn’t your fault but it pays to be extra careful out there. Hope you can get some justice soon.
yep I normally am the type to double check that it's locked twice. I was probably just distracted by something else when I was leaving this one time.

hersheyfan410

Roller Poster
yep I normally am the type to double check that it's locked twice. I was probably just distracted by something else when I was leaving this one time.
True I’d probably be a little distracted seeing magic mountains skyline too