What's new

'Magic Cave' Themed Attraction - Scarborough

Pierre

Strata Poster
To be fair, if the concept drawings are anything to go by (which they probably won't be) the site will look much more attractive than it's current state.

The height of the tower mentioned in the report is the same as the one that currently resides in FL so it could be a move of the existing ride rather than a new one. Would make sense too, the queues for Cliffhanger are non-existant now and to have the Cliffhanger at FL and a similar tower at Scarborough sea front where a lot of it's current clientele visit you're just cannibalizing your own market away from the park.

I think Flamingo Land really think they're on to something special with this new Riverside One stage and bar area and potentially want to grow that?

It's another location to be used as a marketing point for the park itself too. I'm quite excited by this.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Assuming that it will be a pay-per-ride place as well, it gives them a chance to earn a crapload of extra cash on a ride that's lost its appeal at a park with a lot more to do, and that may not have long left in it.

Originally, I was sceptical about them using a second-hand ride, but now that this place is being run by Flamingoland, that option makes a lot more sense.

Temleh

Mega Poster
I only see an Intamin Spillwater and Cliffhanger in the concept art, no signs of the high octane coaster they promise.

Pierre

Strata Poster
One can only hope they've realised Hero is atrocious and it's 'high octane' performance is more fitting to Scarborough sea-front.

Realistically, there is only this and Mumbo Jumbo they could relocate given the area on offer.

Other than that it's a 'new' coaster that isn't really high octane at all.