What's new

MACK vs Intamin AG

dropthefloor93

Hyper Poster
Blue Fire vs i305

do you think MACK does a better job at building these new hi speed looping rides (yay for terminology fail) than Intamin does? Blue fire has less trims than ive ever seen on an IAG ride, and the downtime is not nearly has horrible. The launch is way smoother and the ride just feels better in general than anything like Maverick or Speed Monster.

Rush

Giga Poster
Intamin have built many "high-speed looping rides". Mack have built one.

You can't really say Mack is a better company purely just for Blue Fire, it may be a better ride but it may also be a "one-hit wonder."

Ben

CF Legend
Yeah, Mack have built one coaster that's even in that league - which is Blue Fire. The rest are a bit average.

Intamin build some utter ****, but, then they do build some fab things. They are widely better, even if Blue Fire is better than most Intamins. Most. There are Intamins that are better.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Hmm... remember, these companies are somewhat different when it comes to product catalogues.

Mack has an enormous variety of smaller rides. Wild Mice in particular, which are relatively simple coasters that everyone enjoys, while not being too expensive, hard to maintain, hard to theme or taking a large footprint. Anyone from seaside fairs to Disneyland can make good use of a Wild Mouse. Thus, they are extremely popular.

Intamin, on the other hand, is currently world leading on giant coasters. Yes, Blue Fire (I refuse not to use caps) was awesome, but it's the only one of its kind, and built in Mack's own showcase park. Intamin, on the other hand, has been around with rides like that for decades. Thus, Intamin has gotten quite a reputation when it comes to large-scale rides, while Mack still has the "small coaster"-stamp on it. They do smaller rides very well, but they have only done one huge multilooper.

It has to be said, though. Intamin make small coasters too, and quite well at that. The real battle between the manufacturers at the moment stand on that scene: Small rides. At the moment, Intamin clearly has Mack on the large scale rides, and it's only to expect that the next large multiloopers will be Intamin, while Mack perhaps will become more featured in a few years.

By the way, I've never ridden a small Intamin ride, so I won't vote in the poll.