What's new

Loudest coaster lift hill?

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
What would you say is the loudest coaster lift hill you’ve experienced? I have a pretty obvious candidate in mind, but I want to hear others’ responses first.

JackFish

Mega Poster
I mean technically since Kingda Ka´s launch is on an incline could it be considered a fast lift hill?

If not, then the loudest I've experienced is thunderation in that shed at the bottom it's deafening

EmmaUK

Mega Poster
Whichever Big Thunder Mountain Railway(s?) at Disney with a lift hill inside a tunnel echo the sound, very loud.
Why can I only read this comment in the voice of Donald trump? 🤣

It’s maybe 20 years since I went on it, but I seem to recall the ultimate being very loud.

spicy

Giga Poster
Corkscrew at Alton Towers was one of the loudest i’ve heard.

You could even hear it from forbidden valley.

Actually miss the noise that lift hill made echoing across the gardens.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Whichever Big Thunder Mountain Railway(s?) at Disney with a lift hill inside a tunnel echo the sound, very loud.
This for sure, I *hate* WDW Thunder Mountian lift #1, I plug my ears basicly from dispatch until you clear the waterfall, It's terrible.

dishonorable mention would be Son of Beast at Kings Island. For sure one of the, if not *the* loudest lifthill.

Matt N

CF Legend
I think Wicker Man at Alton Towers would take some beating in this category for me… that lift hill is absolutely deafening if you’re stood anywhere near it, and you can hear it from a fair distance away!

Ironically, the planning application said that the ride’s lift system would be “silent”… I’m not sure what happened there!

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
I think Wicker Man at Alton Towers would take some beating in this category for me… that lift hill is absolutely deafening if you’re stood anywhere near it, and you can hear it from a fair distance away!

Ironically, the planning application said that the ride’s lift system would be “silent”… I’m not sure what happened there!
Believe the SLT that has been installed on other GCI's (Wodan & Joris) had technical issues & now doesn't work