What's new

Lost - the final season! (UK people spoilers found within!!)

^ Thankyou for that brilliant addition to the topic, anymore pearls of wisdom you'd like to share?

Lain said:
Yeahh.

I loved how it was all explainy. xD

The bit with Hurley I was like welling up!

Parts of Lost where I cry:

Desmond & Penny on the phone
Alex getting shot
Juliet falling down the rabbit hole

Haha.

I loved the bit where Hurley was talking to invisible-to-everyone-else-person, and Jack was like, "What're you doing?", and Hurley was all like, "Screw off, Jack."

xD

The more Jack has been sidelined this season the more I HOPE that
Hurley is the one who will replace Jacob. He's had the most contact with him, being able to talk to dead people an' all that. And wouldn't that ability be totally useful as protector of the island or "corkland" as I shall be hereafter calling it.

So, the island is a cork or a dam holding back the darkness. So if the island vanishes or the cork slips then evil is let out? Perhaps this is what the sideways timeline is showing. A possible future where the Man in Black escapes because the island has gone down, letting evil out into the world?

Plus Jack's an utter douche. He does however provide epic entertainment in the form of "Jackface"

Jackface.jpg

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/File:4x01_JackGun.jpg

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Jackface

:lol:

BUMP!

In case you haven't noticed it, the final 2.5 hour episode of Lost will be on in the UK on Sky on MONDAY 24 MAY at 5AM!!

This means it gets shown at the same time in the US (well, the later US time-zone anyway) and across Europe.

It'll get repeated later in the week, but sod that, I'd never be able to avoid the spoilers...

The final episode reminded me of that Monty Python quote, "Everyone gets killed and lives happily ever after."
:lol:

After 6 series of sometimes brilliant stuff, that ending was essentially the one I feared, the one that was most obvious, the one I thought they would actually go out of their way to avoid...and the one that would disappoint me the most.

Way to go Lindelof/Cuse. Total cop-out.

^Also the one the writers said would not happen lol. They all died in the plane crash simple, nothing is/was real.

Tbh I did enjoy the last 2.5 hours but it was just so clear what had happened in the 1st place. I was crying then I thought why am I the whole thing is fake so stopped.

For all them years they just tried to trick us into thinking we were wrong. I do think it was very clever. The only season that does not fit into any of this is season 4/5 when they left and went back. But they did take more people with them so it sort of does fit, the people must have died so they went to collect them.

People are asking all over the web for it to be explained, I just think its so clear and there is simply nothing to explain as nothing was real lol.

This topic says spoilers so if anyone moans tough luck lol :)

^Haha, no, thank you very much for the spoilers. Now I can go into work and lol at everyone that loves Lost. :D

^^Hmm, the implication isn't that they all died in the plane crash - they're "outside" of time when they're at the church, so it does't matter when everyone dies, just that they've "absolved" themselves at some point and are therefore "allowed" to move on.

It's utter cobblers. It doesn't even attempt to define the island, its reason to exist or ultimate effect on the world, nor why Ben elects to stay outside at the end, nor what the hell Walt was about, nor why Jacob was apparently an arsehole.

They just took the easy option. They should have said at the end of the first episode "Lost - everyone dies eventually" and saved us all the bother.

Slayed from what I have read on line some died in the plane crash and some died at other times.

The Island is the place and chance for people to put right their errors. For Jacob is was to put right the mistake he made years ago etc. Repent their sins, if you look at all the people that were their from day 1 they all had sins to make right before going to hevean or hell.

The church is the holding place where people go to move on.

Everyone at the party is also dead, everyone in that other time line is dead they are just not ready to move on. Its dead people going on as if they are alive.

The whole thing was one long episode of Ghost Whisper, and yes they just left the Walt stuff out just like the number etc. Tbh it does not really matter though as it would not have changed the ending had they explained. The whole programe led us on and yes it should have been over after the 1st series.

A lot of people around the world are not impressed at all. We were told so many times that the people that crashed were not dead and well they were.

It's not how I understood it; I understood it was all true. The flash-sideways was looking into the "limbo", but everything else was indeed 100% happening.

I think the problem is the way that the series was kind of presented.

It was all magic and mysteries, slight of hand and subterfuge - with a vague promise of having everything explained at the end.

I'll use an analogy.

It's like going to see a great magician. Somebody flamboyant, a great show man. You know that everything he does is a trick - there's no magic in reality after all.

So you spend the entire show trying to catch him out. Looking for ways of working out how he managed to fool you and to get some satisfaction from knowing how it was done.

The problem is that you're so busy looking for how it's all done - you've missed what the show is about. It's not about why things happen, but about the entertainment provided by the magician.

That's the best way I can think of explaining it.

I'd love to know "the bigger picture", but I'm happy enough with the resolution. It was just what I expected though. Just finishing off and wrapping things up, rather than really revealing anything.

I'm annoyed by the wheel though :lol: Jacob stopped the other one from installing it, but it got installed anyway...

There is talk of a speical to wrap things up.

There are 2 views at the moment the one I have said and the one you have said. But most people seem to think think they were dead and in limbo and nothing was real. Something the cast seem to think as well.

Some people, like me, seem to think they were dead when they crashed and some seem to think they lived. Some think they completed the flight after Jack blew up the bomb in another time line.

Tbh though I do not really think there is anything to explain, they who wanted to moved on. But some are asking where to, people like me assume its heaven due to the light.

Maybe it will all be explained maybe it wont. I can see why people feel ripped off and let down. I really enjoyed the last 2.5 hours as I have said it was a good way to end it and the only way. It was never going to be a case of they carry on with their lives and they all worked out at the end they were leaving and moving on.

http://www.current-movie-reviews.com/tv ... explained/

There are a few pointers that it's all "real".

1. We see the few fly off at the end in the plane. Where did they go?
2. Hugo and Ben making a pact, the first task of which was to return Desmond. If it wasn't real, why would they be trying to get him off the island?
3. Christian basically said it was all real.

I do agree that the entire thing was a right of passage for Jack (though I actually believe that the right of passage belong to Hurly, Jack was deliberately focussed on to throw you - Hurly is the most important character right through). The island WAS a test, but it's still real - it's not made up.

Though there may be a chance that they died in the explosion, but prior to that, it was all real - IMO :)

I worked the Hurley thing out, you could tell it was going to be him that was the protector even though Jack took it you just knew.

The plane went no where it just took off, it was not real.

Honest there are split views on line, the people on the Island was the bodies (spirits) and the people in the real world their soals. When they were good on the island doing the right thing things went well for them in the so called real world.

When they got their flash backs they were then complete and their task was done so they could move on. They all left the island by moving on. The shot at the end showed the wreck as it was when it crashed nothing moved hense no one lived through the crash.

As I said mixed views on line only I am crap at saying what I mean as you know.

That raises more questions than it answers though.

How did the people go back to the real world and then drag others back with them on the second plane crash?

How did Widmore find the island with his boat crew and meet up with the survivors?

The Dahrma initiative are all dead people? It seems unlikely. Was Juliet hired when she died?

It just doesn't work. It essentially destroys the consistency of the entire show.

I had the idea towards the start of this series that the outcome in the flash side-ways was all down to how well they were doing on the island (look back a page or two :lol:). It didn't hold up within one episode of me thinking it, and it still doesn't now.

The writers have said "if we reveal ALL the mysteries, they're no longer mysteries and they no longer have any function or value".

I think they made it clear that the Island is real, and the challenges and life they had was all real. Kate, Sawyer, et al flew off the island and lived a life in relative normality. Hurley and Ben ran the island and, I think we can assume, got Desmond back home.

It's that chat Hurley had "You were an excellent number two" to Ben. It suggests much further relationship between the two characters that played out beyond the "Jack arc". They had a future we didn't see. That couldn't have happened if they were all dead and went to the flash sideways world the moment Jack died.

They remained on the island and had a whole bunch of fun little Hurley and Ben adventures.

If they did that, then we also have to assume that Lapidus and the people on the plane ALSO had a further life and they flew away from the island. If they had remained, Hurley would have included them in his little secret "we had fun times" kind of chat with Ben.

The wreck at the end? It was just rounding things off with Jack dying - going right back to the beginning...