What's new

Looks Like Jokers Jynx Valleyed

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
I love how they say the ride is acting as it's supposed to, because we all know coasters are all supposed to valley as a safety feature... =D>

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I got calls from ABC and CBS News asking for permission to use my Joker's Jinx videos, but wasn't aware of what happened since I've been filming at Cliff's all day. I'm just glad that it wasn't another death or serious injury.

iblamefish

Roller Poster
It looks quite odd with all of the umbrellas

Screen%20Shot%202014-08-11%20at%2014.37.46.png

Taken from a video on the Guardian website: http://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2014/aug/11/rollercoaster-maryland-rescue-video

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
This is the highest point of the ride, so it isn't a surprise that the ride would stall at the slowest portion of the ride.

Kevin (pkiknex) and I rode Flight of Fear a few years ago where the launch cut out. The train ground to a hault at the end of the launch, and required the staff to physically roll the train back into the station, as the roller coaster was built before folks had figured out to build launches at an incline to allow the train to naturally roll back.

At any rate, in talking to the ride ops, they said break downs were scant for the ride, and the launch would only under launch around 3 times a year. To my knowledge, this is the first Premier Spaghetti Bowl to stall.