What's new

longest time on a rollercoaster?

Kage

Roller Poster
ok very weird question:
dose any one know the world record for longest continuous ride on a roller coaster?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Does that give the longest continuous ride Ollie, or just the usual "with breaks"?

Is it possible she's asking for something that you can't easily find on Google???

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Do you mean which ride has got the longest ride time, or the longest time anybody have spent on a coaster, with multiple laps?

A trip to the local library and a look in one of the latest Guinness books should provide an answer for the latter, I think.

Kage

Roller Poster
^ i mean the longest time anybody spent on a roller coaster

and i have tried the Guinness world site and nothing

Kage

Roller Poster
ok thanx

the only reason i ask this question is because i am going to attempt to break the world record for longest continuous ride on a roller coaster but there is going to be twist to it if and when i do it

Intricks

Strata Poster
....::snicker::...

Ummm...why? Wouldnt it be easier (and safer I think) to just close your eyes or take a very heavy seditive before riding?

Switching between the hideouts'...

Ollie

CF Legend
How can you count down the days to Ghosterforce and be at home for when your costume arrives if you're riding a rollercoaster blindfolded for ages?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
WelcomeToOblivion said:
really?
why blindfolded? What does this achieve?!

Especially as she's planning on doing it on X:\NWO ;) :p

To train, (this is serious), you need to sit on a moving chair (say a swivel computer chair wheeling backwards and forwards and gently round and round) with your blindfold on and for very long periods, increasing each period until you can last for over 24 hours.

Biggest problem is being able to hold a bladder for that long, but it's certainly not something that you should go into lightly.

WelcomeToOblivion

Giga Poster
^so you can't just get on nemesis one day and sit there for the next few days? Well ****, there goes my world record attempt out the window...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Alton Towers operates a no re-ride policy. Please exit the ride.

Ollie

CF Legend
How are you going to organise it Rebel? Don't forget that the park has to shut so how are you going to keep it open all night and convince staff to stay and operate it for weeks?
What if the ride breaks down as well or it rains? How are you going to eat?

If you want to break a world record, why not just do something simple like sticking pegs to your face?

Kage

Roller Poster
WelcomeToOblivion said:
really?
why blindfolded? What does this achieve?!
yes really.
well i will achieve a completely new and different world record which no one has tried before.

Josh73 said:
Which coaster is it gonna be?
i am not sure yet what roller coaster it will be as i will have to chose a theme park and ask permission to do it then the roller coaster at the that park.
but also i need to think about travel as well.

Ollie said:
How are you going to organise it Rebel? Don't forget that the park has to shut so how are you going to keep it open all night and convince staff to stay and operate it for weeks?
What if the ride breaks down as well or it rains? How are you going to eat?

If you want to break a world record, why not just do something simple like sticking pegs to your face?

don't worry Ollie i am sorting it out i am not going to do it till July/august next year more time to plan