What's new

London CF Xmas Meet 2011

nadroJ

CF Legend
So, like me, AJ, Ben, Gavin and Sue, this topic has arrived fashionaly late ;]

It wasn't the most action packed of days, but I had fun chilling, being in London at Christmas (yay) and having some fun times with friends.

And then Scarlet had to go and RUIN it. God. (That was a joke in very bad taste, I was actually really worried and am glad you're OK ;] <3)

nealbie

CF Legend
Are you the real Santa?

December 10th is quite possibly the worst day ever. But despite this fact, there was much fun (as ever) to be had with CF.

Why is the Black Pearl in a bottle?!?!

Aaron

Hyper Poster
What the hell happened after I left?? Lol

I almost got kettled on my way home via Leicester square, the Santa gathering was even bigger than when we walked past it on the way in and I'm guessing it had turned nasty there were police everywhere!

I got some great photos of everyone, including lots of leaf based action (still laugh when I look at the pics) but today I've had a lazy Sunday so they're still on my camera lol

I'm sure at some point I'll get round to reducing them to a bearable number and will upload them for much lolz to ensue.

I had a brilliant day, was a good laugh, thanks everyone! :)

Ben

CF Legend
nadroJ said:
So, like me, AJ, Gavin and Sue, this topic has arrived fashionaly late ;]

You witch.

Not gonna lie, it wasn't the best Christmas meet but I had a great day just chilling and being fab so <3

Nic

Strata Poster
Well, I had a fun day. One of the highlights was finally finding somewhere that does Brothers on tap, and discovering that it is absolutely as NOM as I'd hoped. As always, it was lovely to see everyone, especially those of you that I don't get to see very often. Funniest moment of the day was probably watching MrKobayashi being put into, not one, but two bins in the middle of the park! haha! Obviously the night didn't end quite as planned, but these things happen, and thanks to everyone who lent a hand :)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Anybody care to elaborate?

I did send AJ a message asking him to say hello to everybody on my behalf, hopefully he obliged.

I was mega jealous as I was wrapping glasses in newspaper and throwing my clothes in bin bags.

AJ

Giga Poster
Ian said:
I did send AJ a message asking him to say hello to everybody on my behalf, hopefully he obliged.

I was only with Jordan, Ben and Gav at the time of that message <//3

OK, so I've had loads of people asking what happened, because no one's writing anything.

A few of us met up at about 10.45 at Winter Wonderland, it was busy, but hey, that was only really the market.
Jordan Sue and I met Gavin, Ben, Neal, Fraser and Richard by the wild mouse. We rode Air which was FAB. [Quiff-defying <3] It was decided between Ben and I that 80% of the coats attending were FAB.

Jordan, Sue and I then went on this FAB fun-house. [It was so **** up] and even had a ghetto haunted swing haha <3

After that Ben, Gavin, Sue, Jordan and myself walked over to southbank. We encountered Thousands of Santas on the way [student thing where they all dress up and get pissed]. We walked passed Loubiton, Louis Vuitton and other such fab shops, alas were in a rush to meet the others. Needless to say the streets we walked down were amaze.

Once we met at southbank, we said hi to everyone and then fought through some over-crowded tunnel only to find out we weren't actually heading anywhere specific and then headed back on ourselves to go to the McDonalds. We were here for a while before we found out there wasn't actually a plan, no one knew where to go or what to do. <//3.

Neal then exclaimed we were to go to Buckingham Palace. So we all walked to Buckingham palace, on the way Ben and I got tricked into thinking Tesco had a fab deal on cider. They didn't.

We walked through St James' park, where Ben and I had a gladiator battle, I had a calendar photo-shoot and everyone else decided to beat each other up with leaves and stuff, So Nic, Jordan, Gavin, Ben and myself minced on the bridge for a while before settling down on a bench to JUDGE <3.

The others then caught up and we headed up to the 'Palace'

Gavin and I minced to the statue in the centre of the roundabout outside the concrete-blockesque palace. Where we were called to go back and join the group because a plan had been devised! <3. Once we re-joined, we found out some of the group wanted to go to silent disco at the O2.

I didn't fancy that idea. Neither did Jordan, Ben, Gavin, Neal or Fraser. So the group split up, we [ones that didn't wanna go to the silent disco] decided to go to Carnaby street for Jordan followed by Spoons, whilst the others went to the O2.

We got to spoons at about 3.30? Others arrived at like 7.30 I'm assuming?

We did secret Santa, where Tarin spited on my secret Santa and just THREW it at someone else without even opening it. Thanks Tarin.
Because of this, no one opened the Secret Santa present I made, it took a lot of effort and thought to create it.

I won a make your own Santas factory set, to which me and Jordan made a CU*T FACTORY. <3

Scarlet arrived [yay <3] But wasn't feeling too good. She vanished to the toilets for a while, When she came back she sat over by Peep etc [other side of the area I was sitting] And I think she collapsed onto the floor? I couldn't see much and didn't want to cause any more over-crowding or hassle then there already was, and Nic seemed to have everything under control so I left her to it. [Love to Scarlet <3]

People started disappearing about 9.30-10ish. Gavins friends and friends of myself started arriving, Sue, Richard ETC decided to head back to Sues, so Gavin and I took our friends to GAY Late. Amazing.

So yeah. Bit of a Gash day, but it was fun to relax and catch up with people I've missed <3

Done.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
I had a very good time :)

Highlights for me included

- Teaching Pigeons to eat chips from my hand while flying.
- Rich trying to be a Sky News anchor at the O2 and failing.
- Rich getting a very nice rice based christmas present from Sue.
- Getting a set of spinning tops in the secret santa.

Just a pity i left my coat in the pub and someone swiped my keys. Bah humbug.

Aaron

Hyper Poster
So apparently it was SantaCon around the world which would explain the Santas everywhere (and the riot control I was near) I just found these lol

Also, I've yet to find time to do my photos but I will, select few will go on Facebook but most will be on my site

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1323821447.684663.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1323821447.684663.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 157
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1323821457.192770.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1323821457.192770.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 157

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
In the morning a few of us met at Winter Wonderland.
I can confirm that the Alpine Hotel fun house was truly fab (in a home-made haunted-swing-in-a-van kinda way, but well worth the £4). Air was better than Bling, but only just (I was sitting on the inside. Meh)

AJ, Jordan, Gavin, Ben and I then took a trek across London (because the tube was horrifically busy) and turned up in Trafalgar square after everyone had left. We caught up by the Eye and after some faffing, moved en mass to McDonalds. We watched some birds try and take over a table to the disgusted looks of the people nearby.

No one knew where to go so Neal called for the Palace (so we could go shout at the Queen). We all agreed in the hope that a spark of inspiration would arrive before we made it that far. It didn't! Instead, we stopped by St. James’ Park to have the epic Fight of Leaves!

After that we split into Group Pub and Group Silent Disco. I joined those headed for the disco at the 02, which it turned out wasn't a disco and was actually a bit meh. No matter because I got to play free racing games, have a rant about Li-ion batteries, give Richard his Christmas present (some rice), and fit in a swift drink.

Feeling more merry, we made our way to the Dyke to meet the others. We opened presents and I swapped my bubbles for a My Little Pony of amazingness! Several pints and my first jagerbomb later, Scarlet arrived and felt dodgy so I sat out in the toilets with her for a while, but she got worse and I ended up on traffic control so that people didn't tread on her head (note for next time: don't faint in the main route to the gents during SantaCon: a million pissed Santas will make things much worse!). Once Nic got her off safely we got back to the drinking before saying our goodbyes and heading home. A few revelers came back to mine and I ended up having a drunken argument with Richard (this time about how amazing/**** Christmas is - think you can guess which sides we were on).

Thanks everyone for a fab day - the cursed 10th of Dec turned out not so bad for me in the end.
Hope Scarlet finds out what was up *hugs*
I now feel fully Christmissyfied...bring on the mince pies...!!!

Will

Strata Poster
^
You and Richard duetting the ENTIRETY of Fairytale of New York at full volume in the middle of Tolworth was a definite highlight for me, even if you were quite wrong about Christmas.

I'd write more, but I'm struggling to find free moments at the moment :? Basically, yeah, it wasn't last year but most of the day was still fun, so thanks most people for that, maybe more flashbacks will come to me later in the day and bring a smile :)

Intamin08

Roller Poster
Well, I'm probably to young to go (I'm 12) but ill be going with my cousin sometime from the 22nd to 30th. Is it at all busy?

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
Intamin08 said:
Well, I'm probably to young to go (I'm 12) but ill be going with my cousin sometime from the 22nd to 30th. Is it at all busy?

you're a bit late too - this is the reports thread for last years xmas meet!! :lol: