What's new

Liseberg | Helix | Mack Megacoaster

andrus

Giga Poster
Re: Liseberg | "Project Helix" | Mack Megacoaster

Apparently the park will put out one front car of a train for display at the park in the end of June! So park guests can have a sneak peek of what to come next year :)

Liseberg has also released another construction video:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=o8apcYy1jos[/youtube]
Nothing too exciting, but they keep saying it'll be the best coaster in the world throughout the video.. At least they're confident! :p

CoasterfanSWE

Roller Poster

Uncertain if anyone really cares at this point since they also posted a construction video, however these are from a visit on 1st of June:

DSC_01141_zpsbb224ca1.jpg

In the area between Uppskjutet and Höjdskräcken

DSC_01151_zps02159840.jpg

Around the stairs between Uppskjutet and the Tyrolen restaurant (for those who have been here). The entire area from the entrance to Uppskjutet have been closed off by huge walls like those.

DSC_01171_zps779a2bb7.jpg

DSC_01191_zps036a61da.jpg

This type of markers were at a few spots around the Atmosfear tower base.

DSC_01181_zps92ead298.jpg

DSC_01211_zps143c9b87.jpg

As well as these wooden sticks, they were sticked into the ground where the first hill out from the station into the first corscrew will be located (slightly northeast of the Atmosfear tower base).

A little bit of the outside Lisebergbanan queue is also closed off (so a lot of queue in the middle of the walkway)

andrus

Giga Poster

^Thanks for the report! It's always nice with something new, even though it's just markers and site clearing at the moment :)

LukeH

Roller Poster

I am very very excited to see how this turns out, the layout looks fantastic!

andrus

Giga Poster

New POV of Projekt Helix:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vRk0vJa-Xds[/youtube]

Intricks

Strata Poster

I kind of like the theme to it. Plus all the added in bits of glowing rock makes it look pretty.

Mambaa

Roller Poster

This project is turning out great! Can't wait to see it finished.

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster

Feels like years since this was announced. I'm looking foward to mainly the length of this ride. From the animations it looks like a more thrilling version of Cheetah Hunt.

Lofty

CF Legend

I do love the look of this coaster, but there's something niggling in the back of my mind that just thinks the layout is so strange and odd, it's like what someone would do if they've just got No Lmits that afternoon.

andrus

Giga Poster

^I think it has to do with Mack being a new player in the thrill coaster category. Other manufacturers, especially B&M, are stuck in their old patterns and use the same elements over and over again. Mack on ther other hand aren't afraid to try something new. Helix's layout is one of the most imaginative we've seen in a long time. But still all of the elements seem to have a great flow throughout the ride!

Obviously you can't judge a coaster before you've ridden it, but IF Mack get the forces right, this is almost guaranteed to be a top 10 ride in the world! And maybe even better... :--D

marc

CF Legend

I think it look great and uses the land and other rides in the area well.

I love the fact this park uses the land already there rather than change it.

TrevorBondi305

Mega Poster

I really love the look of this ride and all but I really don't understand how it is "garunteed" to be a top 10 ride. It has some nice airtime and launches but in the top 10??? Really?

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster

TrevorBondi305 said:
I really love the look of this ride and all but I really don't understand how it is "garunteed" to be a top 10 ride. It has some nice airtime and launches but in the top 10??? Really?

Assuming it rides like Blue Fire, then it could well be top 10 material...

andrus

Giga Poster

^^Like Nemesis Inferno wrote; if you've been on Blue Fire you would understand why!

TrevorBondi305

Mega Poster

I realize that its going to be a great coaster but you guys might be jumping the gun and putting it automatically in the top 10 and vertical construction hasn't even started.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

^Nobody has said it is a top 10 ride, they are saying it MIGHT be a top 10 ride.

Nick P

Mega Poster

From back on page 10, it looks like the trains will have green wheels; alloy, tread and all, to match the rides theming. This is quite rare for a coaster manufacturer to do this right?. You can see this was also done on Blue Fire here: http://rcdb.com/4074.htm?p=23198
They used fully red wheels to match the red seats.