What's new

Liseberg | Helix | Mack Megacoaster

Coasterfreck

Mega Poster
Re: Liseberg | "Project Helix" | Mack Megacoaster

Here's the inversions and launches in order of the layout, Corkscrew, 1st Launch, Corkscrew, Pretzel Loop (2), Zero-g Roll, 2nd Launch, Inside Top Hat, Corkscrew, Heartline roll. (I class a pretzel loop as two inversions like most of us all class a cobra roll two inversions) So that's why I say it has 8 inversions.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

^You seem to have missed the fact that the corkscrew was taken out of the plans when the inside top hat was put in.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

Ethan said:
Yes, but there was an airtime hill there before. That's what I was getting at.

Then maybe you should start reading things through, before you open your mouth.

Ethan

Strata Poster

^ I really can't be bothered with you tbh.

ANYWAY, this coaster should be great. I don't think the top-hat really adds much, I much prefer the twisty airtime hill. The pretzel loop should look fab from off-ride too, considering where it is and all... Yay.

Colossus

Giga Poster

I`m not really sure whether I like the new inside top hat or not.

The twisted Airtime Hill looked cool, but I question whether it would have been an exciting element coming off a launch? It may well have been, but hey.

I`m loving how they are tweaking the ride layout and telling us about it, this is one of the reasons we have to wait till 2014, as they`re still messing about with it.
Its a nice little insight though and I credit Liseberg, for giving us an insight into what goes on, instead of the "here`s our new coaster and it WILL look like this" announcements we normally get.

Lofty

CF Legend

Colossus said:
The twisted Airtime Hill looked cool, but I question whether it would have been an exciting element coming off a launch? It may well have been, but hey.
Well, on Cheetah Hunt, that was probably the best element of the whole attraction, I know Cheetah Hunt's doesn't twist, but that airtime hill was by far one of the highlights.

Colossus

Giga Poster

Ahh, forgot about Chunt, not that I have rode it, so I couldn't comment anyway. Watching the Helix pov it just looked a little odd, I guess it`s one of those things you have to experience to know whether it would be decent.

andrus

Giga Poster

Wow, that look funky! Liserberg sure are stepping up their game. Bigger and better attractions accompanied with some actual theming :) Looking good for the future!

Coasterfreck

Mega Poster

The train design has been revealed by Liseberg on the Project Helix website.
9987_10151540673348493_1260187544_n.jpg

I think these trains look brilliant and will suit the coaster.

andrus

Giga Poster

^They are indeed looking brilliant!

I took the opportunity to ask the park a couple of questions and they confimed that the trains will have LED-lights mounted to the zero-car and that the trains will be delivered without the pulse monitors that Blue Fire got. Not a big loss in my book, I much rather have the cool floods lighting up the hill while the train rushes by than have pulse monitors! :--D

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

I find those pretty redundant anyways. - You don't want to watch your pulse, you want to enjoy the ride and the view. At least that's the case for me.

Nick P

Mega Poster

The trains look fantastic...except for those dark green wheels. That's just me being picky though.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

TheCoasterCruiser said:
I find those pretty redundant anyways. - You don't want to watch your pulse, you want to enjoy the ride and the view. At least that's the case for me.

I liked them actually. I agree that they're pointless, but I thought on one ride it would be a fun game to see if I could keep my heart rate right down. I don't think it went above 4 bpm, but I didn't enjoy the ride as much :lol:

andrus

Giga Poster

Nick P said:
The trains look fantastic...except for those dark green wheels. That's just me being picky though.
I don't think they'll be green irl though ;) Ok, so I'm not sure how Mack works. But at least B&M have different colours depending on the resistance of the wheels. This way they can change wheel assemblies depending on weathers and season. This is also the way they "trim in" the coaster; ie if the coaster is a bit fast on the first test run they can change to different coloured wheels (with higher resistance) and make it go as fast as planned! But then again, B&M uses wheel covers while Mack doesn't, so I don't know! :p

Antinos

Slut for Spinners

If the wheel color is true, they'll be powder coated or anodized, which I've never noticed that on any other ride from any manufacture before. I've noticed that the polymer tread color varies depending on the hardness of the polymer, but never the alloy portion of the wheel being any color particular color.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster

furie said:
TheCoasterCruiser said:

I liked them actually. I agree that they're pointless, but I thought on one ride it would be a fun game to see if I could keep my heart rate right down. I don't think it went above 4 bpm, but I didn't enjoy the ride as much :lol:

4beats / minute? Were you in a medically induced coma? That'd be OK for breaths / minute, but still.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

I meant above 4bpm from the baseline. I think I it was around the 70 mark when I started and didn't go above 74 :)