What's new

Linnanmäki | Taiga | Intamin LSM Launch Coaster

Stevie

Roller Poster
Intamin Vice-President Sascha Czibulka and Ride Designer Camiel Bilsen spoke with me at the recent IAAPA European Attractions Show, in Amsterdam. I spoke to Sascha and Camiel about Taiga at Linnanmäki as well as launch coasters in general and how the technology of those has evolved over time.

This was great, thanks for posting it! Also, how old is this designer?! I'm jealous and in love. lol

PetskuC

Mega Poster
2018-10-11.png

Possibly exciting news! Taken from Linnanmäki's official site: https://www.linnanmaki.fi/fi/laitteet/cinema-4d-ice-age-ihan-pahkinoissa
It reads:
Cinema 4D: Ice Age - Totally Nuts
During the Carneval of light 11-21.10.2018 the Ice Age movie rests, and in the cinema we can even see Taiga-rollercoasters promotional video! The showings are non-stop and free of charge.

Taiga POV confirmed? I'm going to see this myself of Saturday, am going to report if I see anything intresting!

PetskuC

Mega Poster
Good news! The Finnish tabloid "Seiska" has posted pictures of Taiga (Linnanmäki had a press-only showing earlier today). The pictures show that vertical construction has begun! Yay!
As mentioned earlier by me, I will go to Linnanmäki on Saturday, from where I'll take more pictures. The next weekend, 20.10-21.10 is the last operating weekend for Linnanmäki. After that you cannot take pictures from the inside of the park until the park opens next Spring.
https://www.seiska.fi/Uutiset/Uutta...tteesta-leikittelee-painottomuudella-sisaltaa
taiga_inline.jpg

taiga_inline_2.jpg

PetskuC

Mega Poster
I'm kind of confused about what is maintenance, what is launch and what is brakes. Does anyone have an idea?
If you pause this official video from the park at just the right time you can see the brakes, maintenance, (station?) and first launch. Since this is the only time this part of the coaster is shown off (from an official source that is) this is what we have to hope on. 2018-10-11 (1).png
Tl;dr, you hit the brakes, pass over the transfer track into a 180degree turn into (the station?). The first launch (shown off in the video mentioned earlier) is located then after the station, or even possibly in the station to get even more speed.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
If you pause this official video from the park at just the right time you can see the brakes, maintenance, (station?) and first launch. Since this is the only time this part of the coaster is shown off (from an official source that is) this is what we have to hope on. View attachment 3831
Tl;dr, you hit the brakes, pass over the transfer track into a 180degree turn into (the station?). The first launch (shown off in the video mentioned earlier) is located then after the station, or even possibly in the station to get even more speed.
Ah, so what I can gather is the track installed is the maintenance, the centre track is the brakes, and the far side with only supports is the launch.

PetskuC

Mega Poster
Ah, so what I can gather is the track installed is the maintenance, the centre track is the brakes, and the far side with only supports is the launch.
Yes, I believe you are correct. The black supports between the two blue track sections will be the brakes, and the far side is the launch. You can see that more of the launch supports are erected, but they lack the track. The supports that are the furthest back will the the first inversion probably.
Really hyped for that turn into the station after the brakes, when you can see the public. Also the fact that the rumored trick-track will be up in the air, going over the station and brakes (those foundations without any supports) will look so sick from the main plaza!

PetskuC

Mega Poster
Update:
Linnanmäki has released the official POV for Taiga! However, you can only see it at the park. I saw it yesterday, and it was beautiful! This fan-made POV is really close to the real deal! The only things that are different in the real one is that the second launch isn't as close to the station as the fan-made, and the fan-made one includes an extra airtime hump between the top-hat and the element after, which isn't present in the real one.
The construction is also going well! they have added supports for the brake run and for the turn next to the station. The first launch has also got more track added.
The station and launch (back), supprt for 180* turn into trick-track (middle), break run supports (middle) and maintenance track (front)
20181013_110716344_iOS.jpg

The transfer track and turn into station:
20181013_110728853_iOS.jpg

first launch and inversion supports (back), another support for the 180* turn into the trick-track element (middle), supports for the break-run (middle), maintenance track (front):
20181013_110752104_iOS.jpg

The project from another viewpoint:
20181013_111622750_iOS.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Thanks for linking to that unofficial POV with a brief summary of the differences. I guess it may be some time until they release the official one, but I can't really remember seeing that one before (if I did, it's slipped my memory), so it's good to see it!