What's new

Lewk/Luck - Bewk/Buck - Cewk/erm... Cuck?

Ewk, or Uck.

• Ewk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uck

• Whatever

• Total voters

Ben

CF Legend
Yeah, I speak like Ian does.

Probably because we're southern and can therefore speak properly.

Martyn

Giga Poster
Coaster Ollie said:
I have to agree with everything Ian said in his video. :lol:
It's 'ook'. :p

Yeah well that's just going to confuse things further isn't it. Because going by the original post, you're contradicting yourself.

Jake

Strata Poster
^ Just out of interest Martyn, how do you pronounce 'pasta'?

I say uck by the way...

Jake

Strata Poster
^ Huh?

I'm guessing you pronounce 'master' as 'marster', so why not 'pasta' as 'parsta'?

Basically, i'm trying to say that there are always exceptions, whichever group you're in.

Martyn

Giga Poster
lol, I'm winding you up Jake. You're obviously right.

...though you don't deserve an opinion because you think Duel is pronounced Jool.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I not really sure. I think I say b-uck, but then it could also be interpreted as b-ook.

Does it matter?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Martyn said:
Emmmerrrr said:
Lol, I say glass and bath, not glaahhhhss and barrth. Go me.

Incorrect.

Say father.

I rest my case.

Yes, but a vowel before a voiceless dental non-sibilant fricative always has an extended chroneme - we use monophthongs in cases where it is followed by an alveolar plosive - though it is sometimes a slightly extended chroneme, it's not to the extent we see in the Southern accent.

I rest my case!

Hixee said:
Does it matter?
Yes... Yes it does... :lol:

Martyn

Giga Poster
furie said:
Martyn said:
Emmmerrrr said:

Incorrect.

Say father.

I rest my case.

Yes, but a vowel before a voiceless dental non-sibilant fricative always has an extended chroneme - we use monophthongs in cases where it is followed by an alveolar plosive - though it is sometimes a slightly extended chroneme, it's not to the extent we see in the Southern accent.

I rest my case!

Sorry, did you say something? I've been ignoring you since that ridiculous original post! :lol:

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Martyn said:
furie said:
Martyn said:
Emmmerrrr said:

Incorrect.

Say father.

I rest my case.

I rest my case!

Sorry, did you say something? I've been ignoring you since that ridiculous original post! :lol:

I thought I'd try and redeem myself :lol:

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I agree with Martyn, that this entire topic makes no sense.

I do not say ook, but I definitely do not say uck. Because when I say book it doesn't sound like I'm talking about a dollar.

I say book. I just don't over pronounce the "ooooooo" sound. Same with cook.

I seem to say lewk.

I can't speak though, cuz I'm a re-taaard and put an "a" in no. As Lain well knows.

robertw

Roller Poster
Damn English and its lack of a truly phonetic alphabet. Makes this very hard. Here's some nice, phonetic, Katakana:

ルック - look (same sound as good)
ル―ク - loooooooook (same sound as root)

Hope that helps. ;)

Like the normal way.

I guess you could say the normal way is like buck, but buck doesn't exactly sound the same as how I say book.

Great 8000th post!