What's new

Legoland Windsor Future Developments

Niles

Giga Poster
Minifigure Speedway opened today. For a load of photos see source here.

It was a busy opening day.
1.jpg

And you have the regular or R&R entrance.
2.jpg

You seem to get to a small preshow where you either go with team Legends or All-stars.
3.jpg

Theming is basic in queue and station but it does the job, Roxy and the billboard do stand out however.
4.jpg
5.jpg
8.jpg

So far people seem to like the new coasters, as a big fan of duelling coasters i cannot wait to get out to the park.
6.jpg
7.jpg

Did anyone on here get the chance to ride it?

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
Looks like a fun ride, but why is the ride still a half-construction site?

Sources: ZakFarren and Tonnerre2zeus on Twitter

1712487030975.png1712487040556.png1712487071115.png1712487094374.png1712487118680.png

With significant mud portions in the Nemesis queue, and the new Hyperia buildings looking very bare & bland, this does spark a worrying trend of Merlin dropping the ball on theming and opening rides without putting a high priority on presentation. I would've gladly accepted both rides being delayed to add finishing touches instead of experiencing them in a state where the theming is clearly not up to theme park standard. I'm disappointed in how this ride looks, and they should do better (or, preferably, add more to this coaster over time). I already wasn't a fan of how weirdly high off the ground this coaster was, but I'm let down a lot more now.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
Unfortunately that has always been the case with Merlin. They do not know how to “finish” landscaping.

It was the same with The Swarm, all the land around was just left full of rubble and weeds. Chessington didn’t do much better with the area under their Wing Coaster.

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
Yeah... the landscaping/presentation isn't that great yet, and the general elevation of the whole ride is incredibly odd... but just in terms of the rides themselves, I'm very surprised at how forceful some of the turns on these things look!

Matt N

CF Legend
Yeah... the landscaping/presentation isn't that great yet, and the general elevation of the whole ride is incredibly odd... but just in terms of the rides themselves, I'm very surprised at how forceful some of the turns on these things look!
People who’ve ridden say that they are surprisingly intense; I even heard one rider talk about “mini grey out moments”, particularly during the backwards lap!

Lukas D

Roller Poster
Isn't this literally the same speed and intensity as the Zierer Dragon coasters at the other LEGOLAND parks?