What's new

Legend Land - Croatia

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
This can probably be filed under the never gonna happen section of new parks but worth a thread anyway

Legend Land is a new park announced for Zagreb in Croatia.

The list of rides in the website is genuinely insane including and Intamin LSM, a hyper coaster and yes an actual Aquatrax.

Here's some concept art.

2023-09-24-10-27-7359-.jpg2023-09-24-10-27-2225-.jpg591646767-110530776-135625766.jpg379113508-335711981-960968378.jpg595312272-125160937-889018131.jpg912322424-498998157-857851002.jpg34599667-878647426-308912582.jpg862398629-621512213-945769337.jpg160834819-233240454-101435831.jpg666819202-727367886-842163392.jpg959413416-897010140-147570198.jpg

Official page

The map section on that official page shows the range of rides and is insane.

Opening if it ever happens is planned for 2027

Dimmu1979

Roller Poster
In the "buy ticket" area of the official page you can buy the filetime entrance to the park for only 360€... 960 with fast track and restaurant discounts
... mmm... I wonder if someone just bought it on the basis of... well... nothing

emoo

Hyper Poster
Did someone say Aquatrax in 2023?

I spy an original 4D but with a totally revamped layout. Also a free fly either sharing track with the lsm or taller than the mega. If only...

TilenB

Strata Poster
They've even got the park map on the website...

https://www.legendland.hr/en/park-map/

Two seperate LSM coasters on there, both of which state 200kmph/125mph
And an additional dueling launch coaster by *checks notes* RMC (?!)...

Yeah, while I would absolutely kill for something of this size getting built a 90 minute drive from me, there is no chance in hell this is ever happening.

Looking at one of the videos on their site, it appears to be latching on a failed shopping mall that was due to get an amusement park of its own more than a decade ago, though the plan itself never really materialized.

And as @Dimmu1979 already mentioned, they're selling lifetime tickets for hundreds of Euros, are likely to draw some gullible people in and then promptly disappear from the face of the Earth. The fact that this 'project' hasn't been picked up by a single media outlet in the region is rather telling on its own...

Esther7

Roller Poster
It seems too crazy but... fingers crossed!🤞🏼
I've never been to Croatia yet, so it would be a good reason to visit for the first time.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
In an attempt to tether this ****e to reality a bit...

It's being helmed by the domestic Happy Summer Sky, which specializes in luxury accommodations. Iffy about their credentials, but yea sure why not; http://www.happysummersky.com

Hesam Qaydi, an Iranian immigrant/entrepreneur and the project director, does have a fairly well-documented history and motivation for planning the theme park. He mentioned awhile ago that he unsuccessfully attempted to get Rimac on board before they were courted by Europa Park for Voltron, which would explain some of the Tesla theming seen here. Some of his posts have been liked by sales people from Huss and RMC, although I wouldn't lean too heavily into ride manufacturers being attached right now.

One name who is attached is Scruffy Dog Creative, who were responsible for the concepts. While not exactly guaranteed success, they've worked on both theme park attractions (Wickerman, Heide Ghostbusters, Lego Movie World) and actual parks (Qiddiya, NEOM, The Rig, Disney, Universal).

My take is that this is a man's dream project that has been in the pipe for some time, but will need a hell of alot of money, management, and sustained resources to bring it to life. Maybe it morphs into a London Resort 2.0, maybe it fizzles after a month like Magic Park Bosnia, or maybe it actually gets somewhere at least. Time will tell with this one.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/hesam-qaydi-حسام-قیدی-67b913119/recent-activity/all/

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
The thing is a well done park in Croatia could do pretty well I reckon. But this isn't it. It's like a fever dream with all the most impressive ride types out there in one huge park.

Something in the scale of Drayton, Paultons or any small to midsized European park could do quite well.

Croatia is a very popular tourist destination and getting more and more popular it seems.

The location near Zagreb while great for locals seems slightly odd as most of the tourist crowd visit the coastal regions like split, the islands or Dubrovnik.

Lofty

CF Legend
So, Scruffy Dog has been the lead creative and design team behind this. Which, whilst sounds great on paper, doesn't actually mean all that much. There's a lot of projects that go through this ideation phase and then are dead in the water (hello London Resorts).

Until they start physical construction, and I'm not talking about just breaking ground (for you filthy mud enthusiasts), I ain't holding my breath.

Promo video here:

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/acti...dQ?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_desktop

Peet

Giga Poster
This sounds like another Magic Land, for those who need a reminder:

Still waiting for my "Guaranteed" 16% return on my investment on that project 😂.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
This feels like a college aged thoosie studying web design had a big project to create a website and they ran with a wild pipe dream. I can see a park being built, but I would expect the final product to be more along the lines of a park like the ones that roomraider mentioned, not Balkans Energylandia mixed with Six Flags Magic Mountain.

emoo

Hyper Poster
I hope they told all the manufacturers the new location send every rollercoaster in their catalogues.

TilenB

Strata Poster
Oops: the park has to change location

I love how they claim raising 80k€ with their 'lifetime access' ticket scheme is somehow a world record - as if there has been any other leisure project anywhere in the world that started selling tickets before realizing that building massive rides doesn't exactly classify as farmland.