What's new

Least attractive B&M

^Entitled to your own opinion and all that, but I can't agree. Carowinds is a vile **** hole with only one redeeming feature: Afterburn.

^ Because that's all it has, and even Intimidator isn't considered to be a very good B&M hyper. I personally enjoyed it, but it's definitely not as good as the other 3 that I've ridden.. just too over-trimmed. Outside of that, there aren't really any noteworthy coasters or flats (though I did like the short drop tower).

But rides aside, the park itself is pretty meh. Food is pretty generic, cleanliness & staff are average, theming is minimal-to-nonexistant, and there is almost ZERO shade, which is quite a problem during the summer in South Carolina.

Kings Dominion, being another former Paramount park, is the closest thing I have to compare to it, and even it is far superior to Carowinds.

I actually think Dominator looks really nice in that photo above. I agree with Scream being unattractive as most carpark coasters are.

Is there anyone out there who thinks all of B&M's dive machines (with the exception of oblivion) just seem awkward looking?? I don't know what it is, but Sheikra and its clones just look awkward and ugly to me, no matter how well themed.

^For me its the other way around. To ME, Oblivion looks awkward (trains look bad, small track, etc.) but Griffon look brilliant with an enormous track and wide trains. That's just me though.

Oblivion also has more obstructions whereas you have a clear view of everything that happens with Griffon. One ride I'll point out that's looking a little worse for wear lately is Grizzly @ KD. The coaster is still a lot of fun but it's just getting its natural, wooded area eaten away by other rides. This is mainly why I have such a hatred towards Hurler.

On the other hand Shockwave looks really nice with the electric green track and blue supports, especially for its age.

When I rode Grizzly, I still had that "in the woods" feel, but I felt that if Hurler hadn't been there, it would've been immensely better.

^ Yeah Great Bear appears to be more on the unappealing side. I know they had to built it within certain space restrictions, but still, look at that mess!

akr0ekg00gl30tqrki03ic.jpg

Dunno though how you thought Mantis was ugly :?

I was just about to mention Great Bear, I cannot think of many B&Ms that arent pure sex, but the first that comes to mind is Great Bear

Great Bear does kind of suck, but it's not particularly ugly though. I actually like the paint scheme.

Mantis is pretty tacky-looking, though.

Well that picture from RCDB makes it look a lot worse than it is in person. Comet Hollow is actually one of the most unique areas in any park for just how much is going on in the area. Great Bear's colors are meh at best but at least it complements SooperDooperLooper very well.

One thing I noticed about the colors with rides is that usually they start to fade badly after 8-10 years, with the exceptions of yellow, red, and black.

Black after 6 years:
9ts084004c4h343dgg0vr0.jpg

Yellow after 4 years:
0r8l2686r1grh00h90000o.jpg

Red after 6 years:
lnsp0rc46s8405p0003348.jpg

So totally unrelated to this matter of ugly B&M's, but i305 is **** in 2014...

wakey1512 said:
Shockwave at drayton manor. Technically an intamin i know, but the ride looks rough as
Shockwave looks very nice, with it's setting next to the lake and most of it's elements over path way and the rapids. This topic is about B&M's what look ugly. Plus the fact that it's Intamin anyway.