What's new

League of Goons 2024: Q&A

emoo

Hyper Poster
Are there specific rules for front or back row seating on BnM hypers with staggered seating?

Matt N

CF Legend
@Hixee If I rode some of the vintage fairground rides there, would Folly Farm in Pembrokeshire be eligible for LoG points?

It’s not on RCDB, but it does have rides (of which I rode 3), and it’s probably no less of a theme park than many of the smaller 1-cred places on RCDB.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
@Hixee If I rode some of the vintage fairground rides there, would Folly Farm in Pembrokeshire be eligible for LoG points?

It’s not on RCDB, but it does have rides (of which I rode 3), and it’s probably no less of a theme park than many of the smaller 1-cred places on RCDB.
It's a grey area - I don't allow points for things like the Dungeons or Cadbury World, but I do allow them for all sorts of funfair things. I'm not very consistent really... :D It's something I tend to look at one-by-one, and I rarely reject one to be quite honest.

On this occasion it is fine to submit.

TilenB

Strata Poster
What's the consensus on coaster ziplines? There's a couple of new ones opening in Slovenia this year that I might check out. One of them is a part of a resort that also has an alpine coaster, so I assume that can be added under 'other attractions' when I do visit. The other one is more of a standalone thing. Can a visit to a place like that count or not?

Trax

Hyper Poster
I bet that this was asked often enough, but I want to be sure: If I am part of a group of 3, and just the 3 of us sit in a coaster - does this count as a Solo-ride?
Does this also go for Wild Mice, were our group of 3 would keep others from entering the car?

Last edited:

Gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I bet that this was asked often enough, but I want to be sure: If I am part of a group of 3, and just the 3 of us sit in a coaster - does this count as a Solo-ride?
Does this also go fo Wild Mice, were our group of 3 would keep others from entering the car?
Solo = 1 person doing something alone. That's literally the meaning of the word.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
What's the consensus on coaster ziplines? There's a couple of new ones opening in Slovenia this year that I might check out. One of them is a part of a resort that also has an alpine coaster, so I assume that can be added under 'other attractions' when I do visit. The other one is more of a standalone thing. Can a visit to a place like that count or not?
Urrrrgggggggg... the lines blur ever more. Yes the visit can count, but they should be recorded under "other attractions". Can't be arsed working out a system to differentiate them at the moment.

Solo = 1 person doing something alone. That's literally the meaning of the word.
Yeah, this seemed like an easy one. ;)

Last edited:

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
@Nicky Borrill - in case this comment in bold below wasn't a joke - just a reminder of the above question.
Date: 09/05/2024
Park: Alton Towers
Roller Coasters: 7
Front Row/Back Row/Solo/New-to-Me: 3
Water/Dark/Flat/Other Attractions: 3
Shows: 0
New-for-2024: 2 (@Will did you forget we did Reborn twice :p )
[/b]

You get one "new for 2024" point per new ride in the park - up to a maximum of five rides in the park (this is to prevent one visit to a 'new parks/lands' dominating really heavily). Any number of laps on a new ride only gives you one "new for 2024" point. I have generally allowed people to claim the "new for 2024" points again on separate visits as I couldn't ever be arsed to track it.

E.g.
  • I'd allow Nemesis to be claimed for ONE "new for 2024" point per visit - regardless of number of laps.
  • You'd get a maximum of FIVE "new for 202X" points when Epic Universe opens.

Does that make sense?

Plus - for what it's worth - you only need to name the bonus coaster. Number of laps is irrelevant. :)

@Matt N - just seen your post in the June topic too. Tagging here for info.

Last edited:

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
@Nicky Borrill - in case this comment in bold below wasn't a joke - just a reminder of the above question.

Plus - for what it's worth - you only need to name the bonus coaster. Number of laps is irrelevant. :)

@Matt N - just seen your post in the June topic too. Tagging here for info.
It wasn't a joke Hixee... I just haven't paid as much attention to this thread as I should have...

Now I regret riding Fianna Force so many times today :p (Who am I kidding, I don't at all!)

Just to be sure, what about 'new to me' I've been including each lap on a new to me cred, is that wrong? (Think this has only popped up at Hyperia and Voltron opening days to be honest, when I rode both 3 times in one day... Nemesis, Choco Chip and Honey were one ride each on their respective openings / first days.) I'm now thinking this might be stupid, as once I've ridden it, it's not new to me, but on the other hand, it was still new to me that day...

I visited Tayt... Emerald Park for the first time today, so will wait for your reply before doing that, as it affects things massively with this trip.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
"New-to-me" is only available once per ride, as it's only new-to-you once. :)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
"New-to-me" is only available once per ride, as it's only new-to-you once. :)
Also is only eligible for coasters - same with the front/back/solo points. Just occurred to me some might claim for flats too.

New for 2024 is fine for all attractions though.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Also is only eligible for coasters - same with the front/back/solo points. Just occurred to me some might claim for flats too.

New for 2024 is fine for all attractions though.
OK, had assumed all special points were coasters only... So looks like I've gained a couple of extra points on 'new to me's' but also lost a couple on new flats / dark rides... Swings and roundabouts and all that...

Know now moving forward. :)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
OK, had assumed all special points were coasters only... So looks like I've gained a couple of extra points on 'new to me's' but also lost a couple on new flats / dark rides... Swings and roundabouts and all that...

Know now moving forward. :)
I suspect something I'll change for 2025, to be honest. It's CoasterForce, not AnyOldFlatrideForce, after all.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Where can I find a list of what the bonus coasters are?

Bonus Cred Points
If you ride any one of CoasterForce's Top 10 coasters (LINK HERE) then you'll get 15 bonus points!

RankRoller Coaster
1Steel Vengeance
2Taron
3Zadra
4Velocicoaster
5Iron Gwazi
6Voyage
7Skyrush
8Ride to Happiness
9Helix
10Shambhala